British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   :) received email from case officer.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/received-email-case-officer-735204/)

keeny Oct 10th 2011 8:49 am

:) received email from case officer....

"Our decision on your application:
I am pleased to tell you that your application for a New Zealand resident visa has been approved in principle."

just got to send in passports & pay the migrant levy fee!

So can someone clever please now help me out.. after looking at this post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705733 I am now confused as case officer states 'New Zealand resident visa' , not a 'Resident Visa with travel conditions' nor a 'Permanent Resident Visa'. Any way of knowing which one we are? Or just have to wait til we get the passports back with the sticker in? (or of course phone the CO) :confused:

Persephone Oct 10th 2011 9:20 am

Re: :) received email from case officer....

Congratulations:thumbsup:

I think you will be granted a residents visa with travel conditions though a quick look failed to find out for certain. I do not know how long the travel conditions will be for though it would make sense for them to be 2 years same as a SMC application. Come back and let us know when you get those blue stickers:thumbup: It really isn't at all clear on the website:frown:
I did find this which may or may not apply to you:

RW2.1 Eligibility for a permanent resident visa
A permanent resident visa may be granted to an applicant under Talent (Accredited
Employers) work instructions who:
a. meets all the requirements to be granted a residence class visa; and
b. at the time of their application for a residence class visa, has employment in New Zealand
with a minimum base salary of NZ$90,000.

keeny Oct 10th 2011 9:36 am

cheers Persephone. Could you be kind enough to try & explain to me what these 'travel conditions' are? We can come & go as we please for 2 yrs, or we can't? I understand after a further 2 yrs we would then have to convert [I]again[I] but just not sure about the travel conditions.

AndyRuth Oct 10th 2011 9:48 am

Many Congratulations :thumbup: sorry I can't help on the residency thing as I am just as confused on this whole issue too !!

Persephone Oct 10th 2011 10:09 am

Travel conditions are basically the same as the old Returning Residents Visas. They allow you to leave NZ and then return and retake up your residency. Once your travel conditions have expired and you leave NZ then you have no visa in place allowing you to return to NZ and take up residency again.
However note that if the TCs expire then the resident visa part of your visa does not expire and you can stay here forever as long as you don't leave!

If you fulfill the conditions [either now or in the future] then you can be granted a Permanent Resident Visa which means that you can come and go as you wish- no need to have anything to do with immigration until you need to transfer it to a new passport. Basically the same as the Indefinite RRV. You could leave NZ for many years and still return and take up residency unless they change the rules in the future.
Hope this isn't too waffly-hard to explain simply:sneaky:

faye_h Oct 12th 2011 9:21 pm

Congratulations Keeny! Would be keen to know what you get in terms of conditions once you find out.

We are still waiting to hear about being assigned a case officer. The 6 weeks they stated finished on Monday so hopefully we will hear soon :fingerscrossed:

Our application was submitted to Auckland Central but got sent down to Wellington because it was Residence from Work. Was yours sent to Wellington and how long did it take once submitted?

Thanks,
Faye

keeny Oct 13th 2011 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by faye_h (Post 9671884)
Congratulations Keeny! Would be keen to know what you get in terms of conditions once you find out.

We are still waiting to hear about being assigned a case officer. The 6 weeks they stated finished on Monday so hopefully we will hear soon :fingerscrossed:

Our application was submitted to Auckland Central but got sent down to Wellington because it was Residence from Work. Was yours sent to Wellington and how long did it take once submitted?

Thanks,
Faye

Thanks Faye. I'l let you know on here once we know. Ours was submitted to Hamilton on 1st August but yes was also sent to Wellington and got the email 10th October, so what's that - 10 / 11 weeks? Good luck with yours hope you hear soon.

keeny Oct 14th 2011 7:43 am

Originally Posted by keeny (Post 9673776)
Thanks Faye. I'l let you know on here once we know. Ours was submitted to Hamilton on 1st August but yes was also sent to Wellington and got the email 10th October, so what's that - 10 / 11 weeks? Good luck with yours hope you hear soon.

yes its a residency visa with travel conditions. CO has said he thinks its only around $160 per application to convert to permanent resident visa 2 yrs down the line.

Persephone Oct 17th 2011 12:02 am

Cost me $160 to do just that last December:)

faye_h Oct 17th 2011 4:23 am

We've just had ours approved!! :D

Haven't received the letter in the post but have looked online and our status now says approved. Can't wait to get those little blue stickers now :thumbsup:

keeny Oct 18th 2011 7:30 am

Originally Posted by faye_h (Post 9678822)
We've just had ours approved!! :D

Haven't received the letter in the post but have looked online and our status now says approved. Can't wait to get those little blue stickers now :thumbsup:

congratulations Faye! get ready for the whacking migrant levy fee now lol :thumbsup: