Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Received blue stickers......but have a question??

Received blue stickers......but have a question??

Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Received blue stickers......but have a question??

Well,they finally arrived this morning but now after initial excitement I am starting to worry. It states that I must " take up offer of employment within 3 months of visa being issued". Does this mean I have to actually be in NZ working within 3 months OR just have accepted( as I have ) job offer.Why do they give you a year to activate the visa if this is the case? Confused right now If it is the former we are up the swannie as we cannot leave before house is sold,renting in our area not a go-er as renting not a common thing. I will need to email CO telling him this but am worried they may revoke our visas. Also,they have put in a returning visa as well as residency one; is this normal? My emotions are going all roads at the moment,what with the sale of the house falling through and now this.AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH. Sorry,needed to do that.

Phyllis x
Old Oct 15th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Received blue stickers......but have a question??

Hi Phyllis, well you are having a rough time of it!!
Sorry dont think I can answer your query, but it does seem a bit wierd cause like you said normally with PR you get a year to activate visa I can only think it means once you are in NZ.
Lets hope so
We are still waiting for our passports back, the longer the better as we have WTR and once they are here we have only got 3 months to get to NZ, and like you we cannot sell despite dropping by 65K.
I'm sure you wont have to wait long for your answer,
Good luck
Chris
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by weejie
Well,they finally arrived this morning but now after initial excitement I am starting to worry. It states that I must " take up offer of employment within 3 months of visa being issued". Does this mean I have to actually be in NZ working within 3 months OR just have accepted( as I have ) job offer.Why do they give you a year to activate the visa if this is the case? Confused right now If it is the former we are up the swannie as we cannot leave before house is sold,renting in our area not a go-er as renting not a common thing. I will need to email CO telling him this but am worried they may revoke our visas. Also,they have put in a returning visa as well as residency one; is this normal? My emotions are going all roads at the moment,what with the sale of the house falling through and now this.AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH. Sorry,needed to do that.

Phyllis x
Hi Phyllis - don't panic!

You do have 12 months to get into the country.

On arrival, you will be issued with a Residence Permit (this takes place of your Residence Visa).

You then have 3 months to start employment.

The Returning Residents Visa allows you leave and return to the country for a period of 2 years. This will require renewing after 2 years.

Hope this helps!

Paul.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, I know you live near my parents( Knightswood,right?) so next time I am up there I will shout out a big thank you and blow a huge kiss and have one of these on you. You have put my mind at rest; I was starting to panic big time.TY TY TY TY TY

Phyllis x
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS

Well done Phillis...really pleased for you...now, just the small matter of selling your house!

Good luck with everything!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Had reply from CO stating that it is 3 months from landing in NZ once the visa is changed to a permit upon entry. So now we can really celebrate having the wee blue stickers. YIPPEE

Phyllis x
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Congrats
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by weejie
Had reply from CO stating that it is 3 months from landing in NZ once the visa is changed to a permit upon entry. So now we can really celebrate having the wee blue stickers. YIPPEE

Phyllis x
Phyllis, I'm so glad you're one step ahead of me in this process. You get all my questions answered before I even knew I wanted to ask them
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cyffiwr
Phyllis, I'm so glad you're one step ahead of me in this process. You get all my questions answered before I even knew I wanted to ask them
No problem Sarah glad to help

Phyllis x
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:36 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Hi Phyllis, I just PM'd you (very late reply, sorry.) then spotted your post on here. Thats a real bummer the sale fell through. Any new interest?

claire