reasons for not being invited to apply

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of
Default reasons for not being invited to apply

Hello

we've filled in our EOI and are just about ready to go. Just wondered though - if you have enough points and you've told the truth (ie you can back up all claims in your EOI) is there any way that they can NOT invite you to apply or turn you down for residence. I'm just wondering - if it's black and white or if it depends a little bit on if the particular person dealing with your case feels that you won't settle in NZ or find a job in NZ or doesn't like the look of you or whatever.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: reasons for not being invited to apply

Has anyone ever had an ITA turned down?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

I suppose the main stumbling block could be if you have mis-interpreted the EOI form which I have to say (from personal experience) is riddled with ambiguity.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:30 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by getmethere
Hello

we've filled in our EOI and are just about ready to go. Just wondered though - if you have enough points and you've told the truth (ie you can back up all claims in your EOI) is there any way that they can NOT invite you to apply or turn you down for residence. I'm just wondering - if it's black and white or if it depends a little bit on if the particular person dealing with your case feels that you won't settle in NZ or find a job in NZ or doesn't like the look of you or whatever.

I think it's really black and white. You either have the points or don't, you can back them up or can't and you either pass the medical or fail. From our experience your case officer is their to help you.

I think you've a case of nerves the good old what if's. Trust me it's normal and natural to feel this way.

Best of luck
Pauline
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Well, yes but (and this is not only my observation) many of the questions on the EOI -particularly those relating to qualifications and work experience are NOT clear and it is easy to under or overestimate the amount of points that you are awarded. Much depends upon definitions of job descriptions and terminology many of which are different from outside NZ. Just my opinion.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

beater is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that its normal to have this nagging feeling in your guts that you should have chosen different options or done something different. In my case I have a diploma in electronic engineering, but I have been working for more than 25 years doing software development which has a little bit to do with electronic engineering but also overlaps with the IT sector. So how do you portray yourself? As an IT person or an engineer? So I decided not to rely too heavily on the experience option, as it might be difficult to proof employment dating far in the past, and laid more emphasis on portraying myself as an engineer instead of an IT person. But in hindsight I keep feeling that I should rather have done it the other way round. Oh well, time will tell... just keeping my fingers crossed and checking my EOI status almost on a daily basis.