Reapplying for PR - Question re medicals

Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Reapplying for PR - Question re medicals

Hi, I was turned down for my PR because of my BMI, hopefully going to reapply end of Nov this year. I have no other health issues.

Do I need to have another medical when I reapply, or will my old medical results be OK, the only thing has altered is my weight.

Hubby and son got their PR.

Thanks
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Reapplying for PR - Question re medicals

Originally Posted by Kags1694 View Post
Hi, I was turned down for my PR because of my BMI, hopefully going to reapply end of Nov this year. I have no other health issues.

Do I need to have another medical when I reapply, or will my old medical results be OK, the only thing has altered is my weight.

Hubby and son got their PR.

Thanks

The medicals have a certain validity (not sure, something like 6 months??) If you were turned down before based on your BMI it might be a good idea to do new medicals anyway, seeing that your BMI has improved now.. Better to go with the best results you can put in front of NZIS IMO
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Yup my friend. I feel that new medicals will be the way to go.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Good luck Kags, hope all goes well and you get your PR also.
Steve and Dee
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by over50 View Post
Good luck Kags, hope all goes well and you get your PR also.
Steve and Dee

Hi, nice to hear from you again, how are you getting on?

Karen
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Karen

Phyllis x
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

nzbound has a spectacular aura aboutnzbound has a spectacular aura aboutnzbound has a spectacular aura about

hi good luck with your 2nd application.

I am pretty sure new medicals are in order as I think the medical has to be done within 3 months of the date of application. Sure I read this somewhere.

I am just about to sort my own BMI out! I have a scary bmi of 37.5 and I want to get it down to 25 whether I go to NZ or not, but as I now it will take time am starting now before we apply!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Laloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

What is the maximum BMI they will accept before they reject your application?

Thanks
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Laloo View Post
Hi All

What is the maximum BMI they will accept before they reject your application?

Thanks
Hi mine was 50 when I applied, when we applied for a medical waiver it was 48, (no other health issues) and that was when I was finally turned down.

I have it down to just under 40, got my medical booked for end of month, hoping to get it down to about 38.

What stage are you at?

Karen
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Laloo, my BMI was 40 and got referred but no other info needed and they passed it.HTH

Phyl x
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen,good on you with the BMI will keep fingers x'd re medical.Let us know how you get on

Phyl x
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Laloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I'm worried about my son who is classified as obese with his BMI well over the 97 percentile which is required for children. I have checked the medical forms and it looks like they only require BMI readings for children aged 15 - 19. My son is 14, does this mean that they won't record his BMI and that I have nothing to worry about?

Thanks

Laloo