British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Reapplying for PR - Question re medicals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/reapplying-pr-question-re-medicals-568183/)

Kags1694 Oct 20th 2008 8:55 am

Reapplying for PR - Question re medicals

Hi, I was turned down for my PR because of my BMI, hopefully going to reapply end of Nov this year. I have no other health issues.

Do I need to have another medical when I reapply, or will my old medical results be OK, the only thing has altered is my weight.

Hubby and son got their PR.

Thanks

newkiwi Oct 20th 2008 9:14 am

Re: Reapplying for PR - Question re medicals

Originally Posted by Kags1694 (Post 6891482)
Hi, I was turned down for my PR because of my BMI, hopefully going to reapply end of Nov this year. I have no other health issues.

Do I need to have another medical when I reapply, or will my old medical results be OK, the only thing has altered is my weight.

Hubby and son got their PR.

Thanks

The medicals have a certain validity (not sure, something like 6 months??) If you were turned down before based on your BMI it might be a good idea to do new medicals anyway, seeing that your BMI has improved now.. Better to go with the best results you can put in front of NZIS IMO

BEVS Oct 20th 2008 9:58 am

Yup my friend. I feel that new medicals will be the way to go. :thumbup:

over50 Oct 20th 2008 4:48 pm

Good luck Kags, hope all goes well and you get your PR also.
Steve and Dee:thumbup:

Kags1694 Oct 20th 2008 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by over50 (Post 6892821)
Good luck Kags, hope all goes well and you get your PR also.
Steve and Dee:thumbup:

Hi, nice to hear from you again, how are you getting on?

Karen

weejie Oct 20th 2008 10:09 pm

Good luck Karen :thumbsup:

Phyllis x

nzbound Oct 21st 2008 7:16 pm

hi good luck with your 2nd application.

I am pretty sure new medicals are in order as I think the medical has to be done within 3 months of the date of application. Sure I read this somewhere.

I am just about to sort my own BMI out! I have a scary bmi of 37.5 and I want to get it down to 25 whether I go to NZ or not, but as I now it will take time am starting now before we apply!

Laloo Nov 10th 2008 2:41 pm

Hi All

What is the maximum BMI they will accept before they reject your application?

Thanks

Kags1694 Nov 10th 2008 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Laloo (Post 6958853)
Hi All

What is the maximum BMI they will accept before they reject your application?

Thanks

Hi mine was 50 when I applied, when we applied for a medical waiver it was 48, (no other health issues) and that was when I was finally turned down.

I have it down to just under 40, got my medical booked for end of month, hoping to get it down to about 38.

What stage are you at?

Karen

weejie Nov 11th 2008 12:58 pm

Laloo, my BMI was 40 and got referred but no other info needed and they passed it.HTH

Phyl x

weejie Nov 11th 2008 12:59 pm

Karen,good on you with the BMI will keep fingers x'd re medical.Let us know how you get on

Phyl x

Laloo Nov 11th 2008 8:05 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. I'm worried about my son who is classified as obese with his BMI well over the 97 percentile which is required for children. I have checked the medical forms and it looks like they only require BMI readings for children aged 15 - 19. My son is 14, does this mean that they won't record his BMI and that I have nothing to worry about?

Thanks

Laloo