British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Really confused, please help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/really-confused-please-help-690961/)

GAZCOM Oct 25th 2010 6:56 pm

Really confused, please help

To all who read this,

I am correct saying that your chosen profession has to be on the shortage lists to apply for Residency?

Or

Nelly Trolley Oct 25th 2010 8:59 pm

Re: Really confused, please help

Hi and welcome.
I don't know how desperate you are to get into New Zealand and what your timescales are but can I suggest you consider contacting an Immigration Agency for a chat and ask them to advise you on your best possible options.

This would help you to focus on the best route forward. It is what we did.

We were advised that due to our experience, our age etc and our desire to move quickly to apply for the Long Term Business Visa option. We started the process with our agent in February 2010 and get our visa approval 7 months later at the end of September.

You may not decide to proogress with an agent -that is personal choice but at least you would have a clear route forward.

simonsi Oct 25th 2010 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by GAZCOM (Post 8941517)
To all who read this,

I am correct saying that your chosen profession has to be on the shortage lists to apply for Residency?

Or

This forum lets most people dispense with any agency TBH, unless your case is complicated there isn't any need.

Under the skilled migrant category then the points you get are the deciding factor, you will get more points if you have skills on the shortage lists and more points again if you have an offer of work etc etc, have a play with the NZIS points estimator on the NZIS website and see what you get, then ask away on here.

If you don't have skills that NZ wants then fewer points and fewer (if any) chance of migrating here TBH...

GAZCOM Oct 26th 2010 6:34 pm

ok here we go... I have been on the NZIS calculator and with my agricultural qualifications as follow...

City and guilds in agriculture
National certificate in agriculture
National diploma in agriculture

and over 8yrs experience in farming, I can get points for Beef Cattle Farmer (Assistant Herd Manager) (121312), Dairy Cattle Farmer (Assistant Herd Manager) (121313)

this is the qualification required and level of experience National Certificate in Agriculture (Level 2) or above AND/OR two or more years’ relevant experience

This is in the absolute shortage area and outside auckland, I also have a post graduate degree in the food industry, I have found that all my qualifications are either exempt or accepted.

So I have 150 points, do I use the agricultural qualifications on my EOI form?

And is it true that once I get my PR I can do my other profession of construction?

Many thanks Gary:D

simonsi Oct 26th 2010 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by GAZCOM (Post 8943840)
ok here we go... I have been on the NZIS calculator and with my agricultural qualifications as follow...

City and guilds in agriculture
National certificate in agriculture
National diploma in agriculture

and over 8yrs experience in farming, I can get points for Beef Cattle Farmer (Assistant Herd Manager) (121312), Dairy Cattle Farmer (Assistant Herd Manager) (121313)

this is the qualification required and level of experience National Certificate in Agriculture (Level 2) or above AND/OR two or more years’ relevant experience

This is in the absolute shortage area and outside auckland, I also have a post graduate degree in the food industry, I have found that all my qualifications are either exempt or accepted.

So I have 150 points, do I use the agricultural qualifications on my EOI form?

And is it true that once I get my PR I can do my other profession of construction?

Many thanks Gary:D

Sounds like you may need to get your diplomas assessed to see whether they equate to the Nat Cert in Ag, I don't understand why the experience is and/or (that sounds like you don't need any qualification if you have experience???

If you have PR without a job offer then you are free to work at anything for anyone.

GAZCOM Oct 27th 2010 5:35 pm

I am sure my qualifications are exempt