British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Re - Medicals Advise please! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/re-medicals-advise-please-627652/)

127luton Aug 26th 2009 1:41 pm

Re - Medicals Advise please!

HI everyone!

just got our medicals back from the dr (hoping to submit ITA soon as)
and OH has a boarderline GGT (42 - should be 40 or less) and the ME has commented that it can be ignored - probably reflects his taking Atorvastatin meds! and ticked no sig or abnormal findings! - also my 18 yr old daughter has a raised :thumbdown:Eosinophils (dr commented it was a slight increase merely indicating a minor allegic diathesis)
So do you all think this will cause a referral to the dreaded NZ med assessors table?
Obviously am hoping not - but ... welll you know....:frown:
Am a bit panicky cos dont want to lose our job offers due to delays...

Thanks a million .. for any responses

Berni
xx

Numptyhead Aug 26th 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Re - Medicals Advise please!

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 7876731)
HI everyone!

and OH has a boarderline GGT (42 - should be 40 or less) and the ME has commented that it can be ignored - probably reflects his taking Atorvastatin meds! and ticked no sig or abnormal findings! - also my 18 yr old daughter has a raised :thumbdown:Eosinophils (dr commented it was a slight increase merely indicating a minor allegic diathesis)
So do you all think this will cause a referral to the dreaded NZ med assessors table?

Berni
xx

Hi Berni,

My understanding on this is that there is a 10% window that NZIS work within. The results are within this and your GP has signed no significant findings. Sounds like you have no problems to me:thumbsup:

127luton Aug 26th 2009 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Numptyhead (Post 7877190)
Hi Berni,

My understanding on this is that there is a 10% window that NZIS work within. The results are within this and your GP has signed no significant findings. Sounds like you have no problems to me:thumbsup:

Thanks Maria!
you know how this whole process tends to have u as tight as a wire!
keep fingers crossed - :fingerscrossed:
Thanks for that !
Berni
x:wub:

Numptyhead Aug 26th 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 7877250)
Thanks Maria!
you know how this whole process tends to have u as tight as a wire!
keep fingers crossed - :fingerscrossed:
Thanks for that !
Berni
x:wub:

Hi Hun

I know, it was the most stressed I have ever been. So much riding on it:( and of course me being a bit of a fat knacker didn't help either:sneaky:

127luton Aug 26th 2009 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Numptyhead (Post 7877372)
Hi Hun

I know, it was the most stressed I have ever been. So much riding on it:( and of course me being a bit of a fat knacker didn't help either:sneaky:

Well thank god i can talk to someone whose been thru all this- again many thanks!

Berni
xxxx;)

chrisjb Aug 30th 2009 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 7876731)
HI everyone!

Berni
xx

Going for our medicals on Wednesday in Manchester. All sounds scary. Our BMIs are below 35, but no idea about other tests!!

By the way, any idea how long it typically takes for the results to come back from the Doctor?

MnB Aug 30th 2009 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by chrisjb (Post 7889531)
Going for our medicals on Wednesday in Manchester. All sounds scary. Our BMIs are below 35, but no idea about other tests!!

By the way, any idea how long it typically takes for the results to come back from the Doctor?

Hi there, had my medical last Tues, 25th, Dr very laid back! weight & height to calculate BMI, waist measurement ( females need to be below 88cm to avoid further blood test for lipids, cant remember measurement for men?)
Eye test ... reading from optician chart with alternately covering one eye...can use specs if needed. Past med history ...childbirth & any hospitilisation etc, Bloods taken & urine tested.... in addition have a look at the medical/chest x ray forms and the medical practioner handbook on NZ immi web site to give you some idea.....I was dreading it to be honest but turned out not to be so bad!!
Was told to expect results within 10 days, I had chest x ray on 3rd of Aug so could give Doc results at Medical, just got to wait for blood results befor he sends all back to me ...hopefully next week!!
:fingerscrossed: for you on Weds .... it really wasn't as bad as I'd expected!
B x

chrisjb Aug 30th 2009 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7889588)
Hi there, had my medical last Tues, 25th, Dr very laid back! weight & height to calculate BMI, waist measurement ( females need to be below 88cm to avoid further blood test for lipids, cant remember measurement for men?)
Eye test ... reading from optician chart with alternately covering one eye...can use specs if needed. Past med history ...childbirth & any hospitilisation etc, Bloods taken & urine tested.... in addition have a look at the medical/chest x ray forms and the medical practioner handbook on NZ immi web site to give you some idea.....I was dreading it to be honest but turned out not to be so bad!!
Was told to expect results within 10 days, I had chest x ray on 3rd of Aug so could give Doc results at Medical, just got to wait for blood results befor he sends all back to me ...hopefully next week!!
B x

Thanks for the info MnB.
I'll lay off the drink and hope for the best :-)

chrisjb Sep 3rd 2009 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7889588)
B x

We had our medicals on Wednesday. Just like you describe, very laid back, only took just over 1 hr for medical, and in the clinic in Manchester they also did X-Rays at same time on site.

Fingers crossed everything comes back ok!

MnB Sep 3rd 2009 9:21 pm

:fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by chrisjb (Post 7901649)
We had our medicals on Wednesday. Just like you describe, very laid back, only took just over 1 hr for medical, and in the clinic in Manchester they also did X-Rays at same time on site. Fingers crossed everything comes back ok!

Hi still waiting for my results .....:fingerscrossed: for you, glad your meds were laid back too....begining to think I'd imagined it!!
:fingerscrossed: B x

BEVS Sep 3rd 2009 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by chrisjb (Post 7889706)
Thanks for the info MnB.
I'll lay off the drink and hope for the best :-)

:scaredhair: You gotta have some karma for that. :beer: