British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Re issuing of temporary permit - HELP PLEASE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/re-issuing-temporary-permit-help-please-688351/)

Cecelia Oct 6th 2010 3:00 am

Re issuing of temporary permit - HELP PLEASE

Hi people

My man is here in NZ on a temporary work permit. Immigration okayed his having a go at a second year here via a letter inviting him to reapply.

Have just received from the case officer a letter questioning his application particularly the No live Trace finding and his ticking a box stating no criminal convictions etc? now he is 98% certain its the exact box he ticked on his first application last year which was accepted with no questions. However, now he has been requested to explain this 'spent' thingy or risk not having his permit renewed.

We have emailed immigration asking what they require as he has no real idea as to what this 'spent thing could be due to it being so long ago. But so far no reply, we received the letter yesterday and cut off day in the letter is tomorrow if we do not contact them. Needless to say he has been calling them all day and his case officer has not returned either emails or phonecalls.
And they wont let us talk with anyone else either.

Does anyone know anything that maybe able to assist?
In my email back to the CO I asked her what she required ie is there another police check we can have done that will show the issue he cant remember, or as it is spent are there charactor references - declarations etc that can be done.

His staying could possibly come down to his ticking the wrong box in an application. How sad is that.

Please help if you can - thanks in advance!

simonsi Oct 6th 2010 3:05 am

Re: Re issuing of temporary permit - HELP PLEASE

As far as I know the "No live trace" means (as opposed to "no trace"), that there is something there - but NOTHING is spent from NZIS' point of view so I think he should have ticked to the effect that he DOES have something on record and declared what it is, it now sounds as if they think he ticked the "no" box which is at odds with the No Live Trace on the police certificate?

That may be no help but he needs to a) remember what it is b) declare it and explain the circumstances and c) explain why he ticked the wrong box (if he did, i'm not clear on that from what you've said.

I'd suggest email the case officer and get a return receipt for its delivery so you can show you replied by the due date.

The difference between "No Trace" and "No Live Trace" is spelled out on the covering letter he would have received with his Police Cert (assuming all along it is a UK ACPO issued one...)

Cecelia Oct 6th 2010 3:15 am

Re: Re issuing of temporary permit - HELP PLEASE

Thanks for that Simonsi - the check was an APCO and it is looking like the wrong box was ticked.

Our emails to the CO(case officer) have so far been ignored however i will resend and attach a read receipt to it.

And tonight he will jsut have to remember what it is he had done I suppose. Unless of course anyone else has any words of wisdom or experience thay can add to this for us?