?? on Re entering the UK

Old May 7th 2011, 2:02 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Question ?? on Re entering the UK

Hi guys, old an new Long time no been on here, god just realised how much this site helped us and now feel like I abandoned you

Anyhow, question is.............. We have been here since Jan 2010 and sent to get our new stickers to remove the section. SO, plan is to go back April next year for our 1st visit to our much grown friends & family but Will & I are wondering because it will be more than 2 years that we left NZ to re-enter what do we have to do?? DO we have to do anything with Immigration?

Also, mine and the boys passports run out in Aug 2012, do they have to be within however many months before having to renew? No, sorry..... I meant do they have to be existent for LONGER that say 6 months after returning to NZ. Got there I know with some parts of Europe they have to be, so don't want to leave something that could be sorted much earlier, and then it end up be a messy time to sort out.

Hope everyone is well and a late Welcome to those joined since I was last on-line. Will stay in touch more now that i have reunited myself

Take care Tina
Old May 7th 2011, 2:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ?? on Re entering the UK

Read:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Passports-Six_Month_Rule

Regarding NZ, check your visas to see if they allow re-entry to NZ as residents. If no, you need new visa stamps BEFORE you leave.
Old May 7th 2011, 6:14 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ?? on Re entering the UK

Hi Will and Tina
Good to hear you're all ok! Good to see you back. I'm jealous- been starting to think about making a trip back to old blighty myself!

Have a look at this thread about RRVs [they are now known as something else] :RRVs and residence visas

I take it your 2y RRV will expire in Jan 2012. If you have spent 184 in each of the 2 years preceding its expiry then you will be eligible for a 'permanent resident visa' (PRV). This is basically the same as an indefinite RRV. You do have to wait until the RRV has expired before applying for your PRV or you will get another visa with travel conditions [ ie 1 year RRV] The two years have to be up before you can apply even if you have spent the required number of days already.

With regard to your expiring passports: you can renew a British passport before it expires and any time remaining up to a maximum of 9months will be added onto your new one. My current passport is valid for 10y 9m!
You may want to think about renewing your passports early so that your new visas can be placed in the new one. Saves the cost of getting them transferred to the new one as you will need a current visa to return to NZ. It looks like it costs $90 to transfer a visa to a new passport so a not inconsiderable fee!
You then get your new passports and apply for PRVs.

May be worth looking at current processing times for issuing new passports- if its not too long then you could wait until Jan to renew so you don't lose any time remaining on the passports or you could do them earlier if you don't want to cut it fine and lose a month or two of 'passport time' . Do you live near enough to an immigration office that you can do a trip there to get your PRVs? They can be done whilst you wait. Otherwise you have to factor in the time it takes to send them there and getting these issued as well. It is probably cheaper and less hassle to renew your passports 10 or 11m before they expire and get 10y9m ones than to wait and transfer the visas once you're back from your travels.
Hope this all makes sense!
P

Last edited by Persephone; May 7th 2011 at 6:22 am.