British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Quick Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/quick-question-697635/)

TABUA Dec 20th 2010 2:31 pm

Quick Question

Hi Guys,
Quick question...
when you have been granted PR, how long do you have before you have to be in NZ.
This is just we are trying to gauge, as its hard to know when your house should go on the market, at what point when you have submitted your ITA...or even before.
We are just going to get some estate agents up to value the house.
EOI will go in beginning of January as we are just waiting for baby to be born to get all those bits together birth cert/ passport etc.
Its all the unknown.
Thanks
:D

nicorsts1 Dec 20th 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Quick Question

Originally Posted by TABUA (Post 9051306)
Hi Guys,
Quick question...
when you have been granted PR, how long do you have before you have to be in NZ.
This is just we are trying to gauge, as its hard to know when your house should go on the market, at what point when you have submitted your ITA...or even before.
We are just going to get some estate agents up to value the house.
EOI will go in beginning of January as we are just waiting for baby to be born to get all those bits together birth cert/ passport etc.
Its all the unknown.
Thanks
:D

When you submit your ITA you can opt to pay the migrant levy at the same time or hold off until granted PR. From getting PR you then have 6 months from that date to pay the migrant levy and 12 months from getting your passports back to get to NZ and activate it. Hope this helps and good luck. :)

TABUA Dec 21st 2010 11:42 am

Thanks for your help, do you have any idea what the migrant levy costs are...as i know the EOI and ITA but not that??
Xx

nicorsts1 Dec 22nd 2010 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by TABUA (Post 9053121)
Thanks for your help, do you have any idea what the migrant levy costs are...as i know the EOI and ITA but not that??
Xx

We waited 5 months before paying ours and the levy fee increased so we ended up paying more, £240 for the two of us. Least we bought more time to save tho :) just cant wait to get off now.

TABUA Dec 23rd 2010 8:56 am

Thanks for that Nicorsts1, just gauging what the fees are really.
Its all been crazy time as father in law as yesterday just been treated for prostate cancer, so hopefully everything will be ok there, but he won't be given all clear for five years, explained to hubby that no matter what with our decision to emigrate will the outcome about his father change, all staying positive as found early, but i do know you have to take all these things into account before making the big break, all being well EOI going in early Jan as got to wait for baby to be born in the next two weeks to get the passport done to add to forms.
Its exciting and by no means do i think it will be easy!!
Thanks Again Romie