Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Questions on Medical - Moved to Immigration

Questions on Medical - Moved to Immigration

Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default Questions on Medical - Moved to Immigration

Hi All,

What sort of items are covered for the Medicals, I understand the x-Rays etc, My concern is about weight / BMI, any guidelines? my BMI is 33 at moment, trying to reduce it.

also anyone had the experience with High Blood Pressure, OH on tablets, hasnt been on them for long . can this be an issue ?

thanks,

Ian.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:31 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions on Medical - Moved to Immigration

Hi
If your BMI is >35 or waist measurement >/= 88cm in females or >/=102cm in males then you will need extra fasting blood tests.
The forms are as below and are handy to have a look at so you get an idea of what it involves:
Medical forms

Hopefully someone can help with your other questions. It seems that you will get a referral to a medical assessor if there is anything they are worried about.
Sue
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions on Medical - Moved to Immigration

Originally Posted by Celticknight
Hi All,

What sort of items are covered for the Medicals, I understand the x-Rays etc, My concern is about weight / BMI, any guidelines? my BMI is 33 at moment, trying to reduce it.

also anyone had the experience with High Blood Pressure, OH on tablets, hasnt been on them for long . can this be an issue ?

thanks,

Ian.
As the lovely Persephone says read through the medical forms so you know what is involved.

OH's BP should not be a problem as long as it is controlled, e.g. tablets and can be shown to have dropped to normal levels on medication. It would be adviseable to get a letter covering this matter from your own GP and produce it to the panel doctor doing the medical. In the meantime I would advise he go back to own GP and get them to check it is moving in the right direction and in doing so, will show committment on the part of OH to care for his health.