Questions before submitting EOI

Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

pintu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions before submitting EOI

Hi,

Recently I have received PAR assessment result from NZQA and like many other people they assessed my bachelor's degree in Science with Chemistry subject as Level 6. Also because of browser cookies wrong information captured during submission of application. Then I wrote a mail and they considered the corrective information.Now before I proceed further, I have few questions.

1. If I apply for International qualification assessment, they may be consider as Level 7 which cost me additional 746 $, is it advisable?
2. Right now EOI is opened and not submitted. Shall I submit docs for IQA assessment now or this can be done letter. How much IQA is important for EOI?
3. Does my current 140 points will effect if I continue with Level 6 to gain 60 points as my qualification ?
4. My spouse (wife) got Level 7 assessment for B.Com degree so IQA is mandatory or necessary for my spouse? if yes then when I have to submit IQA?
My 140 points is inclusion of my wife's bachelor's degree and she is not a primary applicant. Attached is initial evaluation report from my consultant which shows scores of 140 points.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Questions before submitting EOI

Hello All,

I really need help on this.
Please respond to my questions.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:17 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pintu
Hi,

Recently I have received PAR assessment result from NZQA and like many other people they assessed my bachelor's degree in Science with Chemistry subject as Level 6. Also because of browser cookies wrong information captured during submission of application. Then I wrote a mail and they considered the corrective information.Now before I proceed further, I have few questions.

Have they reconsidered your assessment yet? A level 6 qualification only gets you 40 points. If your qualification is not on the list of recognised qualifications then you need a PAR or IQA result for your EOI or points will not be awarded for it.

1. If I apply for International qualification assessment, they may be consider as Level 7 which cost me additional 746 $, is it advisable?

You would need to apply for an IQA for your application to proceed after the EOI stage. A full IQA will be required when you send back your ITA [if your EOI is selected and there are no problems with it]

2. Right now EOI is opened and not submitted. Shall I submit docs for IQA assessment now or this can be done letter. How much IQA is important for EOI?

See above! IQA is necessary when returning your ITA

3. Does my current 140 points will effect if I continue with Level 6 to gain 60 points as my qualification ?

A level 6 qual. is worth 40 points. From your attachment you are claiming 50 points for your degree, not 60. You would lose 10 points.

4. My spouse (wife) got Level 7 assessment for B.Com degree so IQA is mandatory or necessary for my spouse? if yes then when I have to submit IQA?

Check here Recognised qualifications She will need an IQA if you wish to claim points for her qual. and it is not on that list. Also her English ability must be of the standard required for the principal applicant [you] to claim points .

My 140 points is inclusion of my wife's bachelor's degree and she is not a primary applicant. Attached is initial evaluation report from my consultant which shows scores of 140 points.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

she covered it all check out my blog to see what order I did it in
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify: A PAR is enough to submit an EOI but you need an IQA when it comes to the ITA stage ie proving everything you have claimed points for.

You could send in the EOI with an IQA result if you wished.

Does your degree fit with the requirements on the LTSSL?

How many points do you get with your wife as principal candidate? Has she work experience on the Long Term Skills Shortage List?

Last edited by Persephone; Mar 12th 2013 at 10:38 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi Persephone,

First of all thanks for shedding light in the dark.
Answering your questions,

My university degree and work experience is not relevant.
My university degree is Bachelors of Science with Chemistry subject.
And I have around 10 years experience in IT under ANZSCO Code & Job Description: 263111 – Computer Network and Systems Engineer. Yes. This occuption is on LTSSL list. I checked on NZ immigration site and it has been mentioned that if I have long experience and qualification is not relevant then it doesn't matter. The same impression I got when I checked with consultant.

How many points do you get with your wife as principal candidate? Has she work experience on the Long Term Skills Shortage List?
I have plan for myself only as Principle candidate and secondary as my wife because she doesn't have long experience as well as not very well command over English. In this situation I believe, I don't need to apply for IQA for my wife. She already got her PAR as Level 7.

As of now I can submit EOI with level 6 of my PAR as primary and level 7 of my wife as secondary (spouse). And once I will get IQA for my self, I can update the EOI. Can I do this way or for best assurance of Level 7 of mine right now only I will apply for IQA and once I get the result I will apply for EOI?

Just to note : Also I have around 3 years experience with ANZ bank itself and around 3 months spent in Wellington on LTBV visa.

Please advise.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 2:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Hi Persephone,

First of all thanks for shedding light in the dark.
Answering your questions,

My university degree and work experience is not relevant.

But it is to the 15 points you are claiming for work experience on the LTSSL

My university degree is Bachelors of Science with Chemistry subject.
And I have around 10 years experience in IT under ANZSCO Code & Job Description: 263111 – Computer Network and Systems Engineer. Yes. This occuption is on LTSSL list. I checked on NZ immigration site and it has been mentioned that if I have long experience and qualification is not relevant then it doesn't matter. The same impression I got when I checked with consultant.

That is for general work experience and that is fine. But when it comes to claiming points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage then it has to fit with what is listed on the LTSSL. So yes you can claim the 30 points for work experience but I am doubtful about the 15 you are claiming for skills shortage. Also, is your work experience in an Comparable Labour Market and if not does it fit any of the criteria for being accepted?

I have plan for myself only as Principle candidate and secondary as my wife because she doesn't have long experience as well as not very well command over English. In this situation I believe, I don't need to apply for IQA for my wife. She already got her PAR as Level 7.

You will need an IQA for her qualification if you want to claim the 20 points for it. In addition, her English ability must meet the same requirements as the principal candidate for you to claim these points. A PAR is ok for submission of an EOI but an IQA will be necessary if the application is selected and an ITA sent out

As of now I can submit EOI with level 6 of my PAR as primary and level 7 of my wife as secondary (spouse). And once I will get IQA for my self, I can update the EOI. Can I do this way or for best assurance of Level 7 of mine right now only I will apply for IQA and once I get the result I will apply for EOI?

Bear in mind you have fewer points with a Level 6 qualification, this will take you below 140. Have a look at the History of Selection Points to see what is being drawn form the pool. Your chances of being selected may vary from possible to very unlikely

Just to note : Also I have around 3 years experience with ANZ bank itself and around 3 months spent in Wellington on LTBV visa.

Please advise.
As you have been dealing with a consultant, maybe consider speaking to them about the above points I've brought up. They should be able to answer the above questions easily I would have thought as they should have all the relevant information from you already.

Last edited by Persephone; Mar 13th 2013 at 2:39 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I am not dealing with any consultant. Initially I took help from them for evaluation report only to see overall how much points I am getting with current situation. Now as you make aware me with many important points, I will think again.
Also I thought for my wife that I will pay English tution fee to NZ government, because achieving 6.5 avg band in IELTS for her will consume lot more time. so with this option, still can I achieve 20 points for my spouse after completion of her IQA?

I am not sure whether I can combine my wife and myself IQA together. Do you have any idea for that?
Old Mar 14th 2013, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

The applications have to be separate as far as I know.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 3:46 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Hi,

I am not dealing with any consultant. Initially I took help from them for evaluation report only to see overall how much points I am getting with current situation. Now as you make aware me with many important points, I will think again.
Also I thought for my wife that I will pay English tution fee to NZ government, because achieving 6.5 avg band in IELTS for her will consume lot more time. so with this option, still can I achieve 20 points for my spouse after completion of her IQA?

I am not sure whether I can combine my wife and myself IQA together. Do you have any idea for that?
I see; the points I brought up in my last post need clarifying before you proceed. There is a post at the moment by someone who submitted an EOI which was then selected only to find he was not eligible for that many points. He did not have 100pts once NZIS looked at it so he has lost the cost of an EOI
Even if you have over 100 points and can submit an EOI that doesn't mean you stand a good chance of selection. Your EOI could sit in the pool for 6m and then be withdrawn. Have a look here at what has been selected recently http://HistoryOfSelectionPoints.
NZIS state that a non principal candidate must reach the same standards regarding English ability as a principal candidate in order to claim points for a qualification. A principal candidate cannot purchase ESOL for their application, they must have the required minimum. From this I take it that if you need to purchase ESOL for your wife then she doesn't reach the standard required of a principal candidate and so you cannot claim points. However that is only my reading and opinion of the regulations.

I'm surprised that all these points were not addressed when you asked for an evaluation [or were they and the consultant has asked about them?]. How can a consultant assess your points total without collating all the facts? Even a cursory assessment should have checked whether your degree is on the LTSSL and the comparable labour market issue.

Originally Posted by M_and_M
The applications have to be separate as far as I know.
Correct, the assessments are for each qualification and as such cannot be combined
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Fouzia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Persephone
I see; the points I brought up in my last post need clarifying before you proceed. There is a post at the moment by someone who submitted an EOI which was then selected only to find he was not eligible for that many points. He did not have 100pts once NZIS looked at it so he has lost the cost of an EOI
Even if you have over 100 points and can submit an EOI that doesn't mean you stand a good chance of selection. Your EOI could sit in the pool for 6m and then be withdrawn. Have a look here at what has been selected recently http://HistoryOfSelectionPoints.
NZIS state that a non principal candidate must reach the same standards regarding English ability as a principal candidate in order to claim points for a qualification. A principal candidate cannot purchase ESOL for their application, they must have the required minimum. From this I take it that if you need to purchase ESOL for your wife then she doesn't reach the standard required of a principal candidate and so you cannot claim points. However that is only my reading and opinion of the regulations.

I'm surprised that all these points were not addressed when you asked for an evaluation [or were they and the consultant has asked about them?]. How can a consultant assess your points total without collating all the facts? Even a cursory assessment should have checked whether your degree is on the LTSSL and the comparable labour market issue.

Correct, the assessments are for each qualification and as such cannot be combined
sorry I want to ask only one question ,can I submit two EOI for same visa subclass,under two professions, one for system analyst,and one for computer network professional.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:02 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Why?
Have you looked at the Long Term Skills Shortage List under information technology? Does your qualification fit?
Why not apply with the profession that gives you the most points and one EOI only?

I presume you can send in two EOIs but that means extra cost which may not be necessary. I don't know whether you can send them in from the same NZIS login or not. I know you can do multiple EOI drafts but as for submitting more than one, well I can't answer that. You may need to have two email addresses and logins. But again, I can't help but feel you would be wasting your money
Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:16 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Persephone would be a waste of money, fill out the EOI twice and see which one gives you the most points and use the one nearer the magic 140.

Also IMHO if you submit 2 at the same time it might look a bit dodgy so could harm your application
Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Fouzia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your answer and help. I would really appreciate if you could guide me in January 2013 I submitted an expression of interest for PR for subclass 189 under system analyst profession.For that visa I needed 60 points which I have but in March reports I read that 1800 applicants are invited to apply for visa under system analyst profession and none would be invited until July 2013 because that profession has been reached to its highest level and if the employers will need then after 1st July they would be invited,I am on TR visa which will expire in April 2014 ,as I am not being invited yet I am thinking to submit an other expression of interest under computer network professional because that profession is not reached to its peak level and my degree can be accessed under that profession as well. so I am confused.Should I wait or try my luck!

Last edited by Fouzia; Mar 30th 2013 at 9:35 am.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:57 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fouzia
Thank you for your answer and help. I would really appreciate if you could guide me in January 2013 I submitted an expression of interest for PR for subclass 189 under system analyst profession.For that visa I needed 60 points which I have but in March reports I read that 1800 applicants are invited to apply for visa under system analyst profession and none would be invited until July 2013 because that profession has been reached to its highest level and if the employers will need then after 1st July they would be invited,I am on TR visa which will expire in April 2014 ,as I am not being invited yet I am thinking to submit an other expression of interest under computer network professional because that profession is not reached to its peak level and my degree can be accessed under that profession as well. so I am confused.Should I wait or try my luck!
? Are you referring to the Australian SkillSelect system?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.