British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Questions about points assessment for work experience and AASS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/questions-about-points-assessment-work-experience-aass-864576/)

acharya Sep 2nd 2015 8:49 pm

Questions about points assessment for work experience and AASS

Hi all,
I have got query from Visa officer,
I have done my Bachelor of Commerce and after that i have done Master of Computer Application (MCA) at the time of submit EOI my points were 150,

Now as i submitted my ITA visa officer raised query , and reduced my points as below:

Your application has been assessed as:
AREA
POINTS CLAIMED
POINTS AWARDED
Qualification
Qualification AASS bonus points
Work experience
Work experience AASS bonus points
Partners qualification
Total

Reason is like below:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui...59be&zw&atsh=1 You have claimed bonus points for a qualification and work experience in an Area of Absolute Skills Shortage (AASS) but your qualification is not as stated on the Long Term Skills Shortage List (LTSSL). We have done a comparability check of your qualification and we have been unable to find a relevant qualification with course details to make a comparability. It is not comparable to a course listed on the LTSSL in column 4 and column 3 respectively. SM16.20 & SM 13.20

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui...59be&zw&atsh=1 Points cannot be awarded for your work experience as it has not met the requirements for LTSSL points and has not been undertaken in a Comparable Labour Market (CLM). SM11.10.b & SM11.10.1

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui...59be&zw&atsh=1 Points claimed for your partners qualification cannot be awarded as you have provided an IELTS certificate confirming Kamaxi’s English language level as 5.5. A secondary applicants recognised qualification only qualifies for points if they meet the English language requirements for principal applicants, which is 6.5. SM5.15 & SM5.5

Now i dont know what to how to convince the visa officer that MCA is computer application based degree and Level 9 is awarded by NZQA.

they have considered bachelor degrees only in mentioned in ltssl list.

If person have Master Degree then why they deduct the point by raising " Qualification is not in LTSSL list "

Please guide me thanks.

Many Thanks...

MrsFychan Sep 2nd 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Questions about points assessment for work experience and AASS

would be best posting in the relevant country forum, but from NZ Immigration you HAVE to have the qualification as advised on the list, nothing above or below will be accepted.
also your partners points are clear as to why they cannot be awarded, they do not met the requirement.

Jerseygirl Sep 2nd 2015 9:55 pm

Welcome to BE. I have moved your thread over to our NZ Immigration Doeum.

Good luck. :)

Persephone Sep 3rd 2015 12:50 am

As MrsF says you must have the EXACT qualification on the LTSSL to qualify, a higher degree is not acceptable.

Unfortunately this also affects your work experience points as your experience was not in a Comparable Labour Market.

If you do not have a skilled job or job offer in New Zealand, any work experience you claim points for must have been in a comparable labour market.

We may award points for work experience in countries that are not 'comparable labour markets', but only if you were working:
*for a multinational commercial entity domiciled in one of these listed countries, or
*in an area of absolute skill shortage.
I can't see you convincing them to change their minds as the regulations are quite clearly stated on the INZ website. The only way would be if you happen to have another degree that you haven't mentioned that is on the LTSSL. Your wife would also need to pass IELTS to a higher level to get those extra points as well- and you would need to have 140 or above to be selected [unless you can get a job offer]

acharya Sep 3rd 2015 5:18 am

Thank you all for prompt reply..

I am disappointed here with LTSSL issue , even if I have done level 9 they do not consider too strange.

also Bachelor of Computer Application is not listed in LTSSL which again IT related degree

I have submitted all my employment letters which shows my designation as software engineer but however Visa officer decline point just because of Level 9.

Is there any other way to convince them ..??

Please guide me ...

Many Thanks to alll....

MrsFychan Sep 3rd 2015 6:04 am

Unfortunately you can't convince them, you have to have what they are looking for, nothing more nothing less.

Timmy Chch Sep 3rd 2015 8:23 am

A big envelope stuffed with cash might convince them?

Persephone Sep 3rd 2015 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch (Post 11739415)
A big envelope stuffed with cash might convince them?

;):rofl: Naughty!

rajesh_want2b Sep 9th 2015 6:15 pm

Hi, I have a query regarding the points for 'Relevant Work Experience'. I have work experience in USA, Canada and UK. Can I use this experience to show 'relevant experience' and can I claim points for the work experience? Please check my answer and help me. What kind of document I need to provide to claim these points?

Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere) 10 Years
Number of years of relevant work experience in New Zealand none
Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's:
identified future growth areas ? 2 - 5 Years
areas of absolute skills shortage ? 2- 5 Years

Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market or an area of absolute skills shortage? Yes

MrsFychan Sep 9th 2015 7:26 pm

please see http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11744355

it explains what you need to claim the points as well as a list of the comparable labour markets. I believe you would have to provide evidence of the work you did in each market, such as contract of work and possible a reference (?)

rajesh_want2b Sep 9th 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks MrsFychan. Apologies for not asking the specific question.

As I have overseas experience, can I claim points for
Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's:
identified future growth areas ? 2 - 5 Years
areas of absolute skills shortage ? 2- 5 Years

My interpretation of this question is that 'how many years of experience I have in (1) identified future growth areas and (2) areas of absolute skills shortage'. Here, my key assumption is that it is NOT necessary to have this experience within NZ.

Is this is correct?

MrsFychan Sep 9th 2015 8:25 pm

"And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:
You must have a job offer or job in NZ to claim these bonus points in an identified growth area
10 points: 2 to 5 years experience
15 points: 6 or more years experience."

taken from link already given.

so to me it looks like you need a job offer to claim those points, but hopefully someone will be along to clarify

acharya Sep 10th 2015 12:35 am

Hello,

Can I claim skill employment work experience points even if my qualification is not in list of ltssl..?

My qualification is MCA (master of computer application) but Nzqa do not have such degree they have Master in computer science.

I read relevant experience can be considered to claim for skill employment.
Please make me correct..

Thanks