British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/questions-482495/)

delbert007 Sep 20th 2007 6:11 pm

Questions

Hi,

Please can you help!!
I am looking at New Zealand but a little lost:o
If I am offered employment which is on the LTSSL how long could the process take to receiving residence visa`s?
How long to receive work to residence permit.This is something i am not too keen on as I have 3 children in education, and who is to say that my occupation will still be on the LTSSL in 2 years time,if it`s not we shall have to pack our bags.Please tell me if I am wrong on this matter.
Once submitted EOI how long to hear from them?
Sorry for the questions but I need some answers.

Thanks in advance

happynz Sep 20th 2007 6:56 pm

Re: Questions

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5335294)
Hi,

Please can you help!!

Wiil try.

I am looking at New Zealand but a little lost:o
If I am offered employment which is on the LTSSL how long could the process take to receiving residence visas?

It depends. Have you checked to see how many points you have? If you have at least 140 points and a job offer you need to bung in your Expression of Interest (EOI) and you will get selected straightaway from the fortnightly draws (if all checks out OK). Then you should shortly receive your Invitation to Apply (ITA). You will need to provide documents and evidence to support your claims on your EOI along with medicals and police clearances. How long all of this takes often depends on how well you are organised and how much you have prepared the necessary documents.

How long to receive work to residence permit.This is something i am not too keen on as I have 3 children in education, and who is to say that my occupation will still be on the LTSSL in 2 years time, if it`s not we shall have to pack our bags.Please tell me if I am wrong on this matter.

If you are LTSSL, go for PR. Why muck around with WTR unless it is the only way in.

Once submitted EOI how long to hear from them?

There are draws every fortnight.

Sorry for the questions but I need some answers.

Thanks in advance

Not sure if I've helped any...:o

Good luck.

delbert007 Sep 20th 2007 7:39 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

If all paper work is sorted and the application is straight forward what is roughly the time frame.

happynz Sep 20th 2007 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5335643)
Hi,

Thank you for the info.

If all paper work is sorted and the application is straight forward what is roughly the time frame.

The next draw is 26 September, so if you bung in your EOI before then and you have enough points and a job offer you should get selected straightaway.
You would probably have the ITA land with a thump within a month I'd think (assuming everything is checked out OK). If you have all your medicals, police clearances, qualifications and supporting documents already sorted you can submit right away and then spend maybe a week to god knows when for NZIS to make a decision.
You sound like you are chomping at the bit and are raring to get on with it. :)

P2L Sep 21st 2007 9:12 am

Originally Posted by delbert007 (Post 5335643)
Hi,

Thank you for the info.

We submitted our EOI on 19/12/2006
selected on 20/12/2006
received ITA 28/12/2006
submitted ITA 18/01/2007
Visas granted 20/03/2007

Landed in NZ 10/04/2007 :thumbsup:

That was with a job offer