Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Question Regarding List of Skilled Occupations...

Question Regarding List of Skilled Occupations...

Old Nov 15th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

snowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant future
Default Question Regarding List of Skilled Occupations...

Dear BE Forum

I am looking to try and get out to NZ sometime in the near future, and have a question regarding Visa's and the List of Skilled Occupations which I was hoping someone may be able to help me with please?!

I had a look at the List which someone has kindly put up and was quite pleased and surprised to find that I fall into 3 of these, namely:

Skill Level One Occupations - 234311 Conservation Officer and also 234314 - Park Ranger and also:

Level 2 occupations - Part C - 452314 Snowsport Instructor.

So, am I getting a bit over-excited or does this mean I would be eligible to apply for a Visa for NZ???!!!

If someone could get back to me and let me know what this List means that would be very much appreciated!!! .

Cheers.

Rich.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 10:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Question Regarding List of Skilled Occupations...

The skilled occupation list is simply a list where NZIS regard the work as skilled. For instance truck driving is not seen as skilled.

Do you have qualifications in any/all of the above. For any of those skilled occupations you will need to meet NZ qualification standards.

Snow sport instructor is on the Immediate Shortage list. This means an NZ employer can offer you employment without having to prove there is an NZ citizen or resident that could take up that work. Of course you need to prove qualification and ability standards.

Park ranger and conservation officers do not appear to be in shortage in NZ. This would mean that anyone offering you such work would need to prove they had no-one on the ground who could fill that vacancy.