Question - please help!!

Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:14 pm
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25
Driver695 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question - please help!!

I have just done the points test on NZ site - scored 105 - where to go now?
Driver695 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:15 pm
  #2  
Maz
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 5,763
Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
I have just done the points test on NZ site - scored 105 - where to go now?
You can lodge your EOI (Expression of Interest) to get things going. Have you visited NZ yet?
Maz is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:19 pm
  #3  
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,094
Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
I have just done the points test on NZ site - scored 105 - where to go now?
Submit EOI if you are ready and can answer the following:

Do you have a job offer (if needed)?

Have you found a place you want to go to?

Are you in a position to move quickly?

What type of visa are you going on (timescales vary for ITA)?

And so on

Just ask and if we can, we will help
Jack The Lad is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:19 pm
  #4  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25
Driver695 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Maz
You can lodge your EOI (Expression of Interest) to get things going. Have you visited NZ yet?
Hi Maz-no not yet was looking at Oz but now want to go to NZ- going to be coming out in Feb/march!

So if I lodge my EOI then what happens? Sorry so new to all this.
Driver695 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:21 pm
  #5  
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,094
Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
Hi Maz-no not yet was looking at Oz but now want to go to NZ- going to be coming out in Feb/march!

So if I lodge my EOI then what happens? Sorry so new to all this.
If they think you are what they want then they will ITA (Invitation To Apply) for PR. When you gain this you are free to come and go
Jack The Lad is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:24 pm
  #6  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25
Driver695 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
If they think you are what they want then they will ITA (Invitation To Apply) for PR. When you gain this you are free to come and go

Sorry being really thick


So I firstly put my EOI in ? I take it 105 makes the mark?

I do not have a job offer or am in the career that is on the skills shortage list?
Driver695 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:30 pm
  #7  
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,094
Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
Sorry being really thick


So I firstly put my EOI in ? I take it 105 makes the mark?

I do not have a job offer or am in the career that is on the skills shortage list?
Yes.

At the moment anything above 100 points (usually!!!) gets you an ITA. After that its all down to immigration with regards to timescales. ie. my wifes occupation is on the Short list so our timescales are very quick 3-4 months.

Have a look at THIS and it may give you an idea of where you are in the scheme of things
Jack The Lad is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:39 pm
  #8  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25
Driver695 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Yes.

At the moment anything above 100 points (usually!!!) gets you an ITA. After that its all down to immigration with regards to timescales. ie. my wifes occupation is on the Short list so our timescales are very quick 3-4 months.

Have a look at THIS and it may give you an idea of where you are in the scheme of things

Thanks Jack - appreciate it!

So 1st port of call put EOI in - then you get an ITA (what is this)? Looked on NZIS and its a mind field !!!

So I take it to get a visa I do not need to have a skill for short list? correct?
Driver695 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:39 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 83
Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
Sorry being really thick


So I firstly put my EOI in ? I take it 105 makes the mark?

I do not have a job offer or am in the career that is on the skills shortage list?
We put EOI in 2 weeks ago and it was selected on the 22nd, we made it on skills shortage (IT), now waiting to hear if get ITA. If you search their website it has a lot of details on points scores. They seem to help not try to catch you out!
It did take me 2 weeks to fill the thing out but I had to get our then 2m old daughter a passport so I could finish it!
Good luck and keep us posted!
Perdana is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:44 pm
  #10  
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,094
Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
Thanks Jack - appreciate it!

So 1st port of call put EOI in - then you get an ITA (what is this)? Looked on NZIS and its a mind field !!!

So I take it to get a visa I do not need to have a skill for short list? correct?
Its what this site is for. Oh, and to have a laugh

ITA is Invitation To Apply for PR (Permenent Resident). Once you have this then its the you are there

And yes you can get to NZ on several different visas. Being on the shortage list is one way.
Jack The Lad is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:47 pm
  #11  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25
Driver695 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Its what this site is for. Oh, and to have a laugh

ITA is Invitation To Apply for PR (Permenent Resident). Once you have this then its the you are there

And yes you can get to NZ on several different visas. Being on the shortage list is one way.
I know - but I am finding myself looking and sounding 100% dumb as on here

Ok so - it's sinking in slowly - so EOI in with 105 points / then you get ITA then they give you a PR?

So if I was to have a skill that was on the shortage list then thats a quicker way to speed up the process?

But as neither of us do - we would just need to wait for the ITA? As we both work in customer services you see...
Driver695 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:53 pm
  #12  
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,094
Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
As we both work in customer services you see...
From what I gather that very much in need over there!!!!


However its not on the list

If you can what about trying to get a job offer. It will add 50-60 points and may well speed things up.

Or apply for a working visa and then re-applying once you are there and have a job.

To be honest I have only really looked into the shortage list way of getting in so I am not an expert on the other ways (The Dark Arts ). Start another thread maybe asking for other ways in
Jack The Lad is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:54 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 83
Perdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to allPerdana is a name known to all
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
I know - but I am finding myself looking and sounding 100% dumb as on here

Ok so - it's sinking in slowly - so EOI in with 105 points / then you get ITA then they give you a PR?

So if I was to have a skill that was on the shortage list then thats a quicker way to speed up the process?

But as neither of us do - we would just need to wait for the ITA? As we both work in customer services you see...
Dont worry, I was reading this forum for weeks before I got the courage to post! But it really is very helpful, I had to look up ITA, EOIs etc as well.
Before you put your EOI explore every option, as it is $300 to submit. Just see if you can squeeze a point somewhere. They give updates on their news bit as to point margins, number of people etc.

Good Luck
Perdana is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:56 pm
  #14  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 25
Driver695 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
From what I gather that very much in need over there!!!!


However its not on the list

If you can what about trying to get a job offer. It will add 50-60 points and may well speed things up.

Or apply for a working visa and then re-applying once you are there and have a job.

To be honest I have only really looked into the shortage list way of getting in so I am not an expert on the other ways (The Dark Arts ). Start another thread maybe asking for other ways in
Looked at the working visa but dont you have to be under 30 ?

One last stupid question before I am chucked off here

If I score 105 would that even get chosen from the pool???
Driver695 is offline  
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 3:58 pm
  #15  
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,094
Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - please help!!

Originally Posted by Driver695
Looked at the working visa but dont you have to be under 30 ?

One last stupid question before I am chucked off here

If I score 105 would that even get chosen from the pool???
Im sure it will
Jack The Lad is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.