Question about work experience

Old May 20th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

WannaB will become famous soon enoughWannaB will become famous soon enough
Default Question about work experience

Hi guys

Just a quick question. For our EOI, do you have to (like Australia) have a certain no. of years/months recent work experience related to your qualification in order to submit an application?

I'm just confused (been reading up on NZ & Aus immigration).
We are claiming for a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage but OH has only just started working in this career (after a few years doing something else) so just wondered if we were likely to be chucked out of the pool cos he only has about one month recent work experience in his area of absolute skills shortage.

Thank you
Old May 21st 2008, 1:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Question about work experience

Kia Ora to you this fine afternoon.

As you know the EOI is points driven. The more points , the better.

I have looked up your previous posts to check what occupations or qualifications you might be claiming points for.

Claiming points for your husbands degree is stand alone. Subsequent work experience or the lack of it will not make a difference.

Of course, as he has no work experience in the field of his qualifications/degree , then he cannot claim points for skilled employment.

HTH
Old May 21st 2008, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

WannaB will become famous soon enoughWannaB will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question about work experience

Cool, thank you! That's kindof what I thought - we've just been round and about so many different loop holes and rules that I'm beginning to second guess myself!