Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Question About Removal of Travel Conditions

Question About Removal of Travel Conditions

Old Jul 17th 2014, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default Question About Removal of Travel Conditions

Hi All,

been a while since I lasted posted. Didn't notice that that it was 18 months yesterday since we arrived.

So our 2 years is nearly up for travel conditions to be removed.

What do I do then? Who do I contact about the Visa? Cost and Time period for passport/Visa return?

Ian.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question About Removal of Travel Conditions

Hey you! I was wondering how you were getting on.

It's dead simple, we downloaded a form from the Immigration website, and I took that, and our passports into the nearest Immigration office on our 24 month anniversary. I'll see if I can find the form for you.

Edit: Here's the page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...teps/apply.htm

Last edited by janiejones; Jul 18th 2014 at 8:20 am. Reason: link
Old Jul 18th 2014, 9:04 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you also need new passport photo's for the file. we dropped them off and got them back in the post within the week
Old Jul 18th 2014, 4:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I did mine in person and it was done there and then. Had a half hour wait to see someone but it's a very simple process.
If you've spent enough time in NZ you don't need to take any proof of that-they have how much time you've been in NZ on their computers

Just remember that you have to let your travel conditions expire, you can't apply early even if you fulfil the time conditions - it must be at least two years since your first day as a resident in NZ
Old Jul 19th 2014, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

We applied and received our PRV's back in March via the Wellington office but they didn't offer the "While You Wait" service as they used to. Had to place everything in a plastic wallet provided from reception and drop it in a post slot then wait a couple of days. $180 for us all.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

aussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Persephone

Does the INZ branch accept cash as a mode of payment for walk in applications.
I am planning to visit the Auckland Central branch .

Thanks
Ravi
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Super lucky you lot. My nearest office (cos they closed Dunedin) is now a 7 hour drive away!