British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Question about police check... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/question-about-police-check-484214/)

smiler000 Sep 29th 2007 4:11 am

Question about police check...

Hi guys!

I have a question and hope someone can help me!

I have had my EOI selected and drawn from the Pool and so I'm now trying to sort out the rest of it!!

I looked on the immigration site and its not clear there - maybe it's a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway - Police references - how far back are they suppposed to go?

I ask as I have lived in quite a few citites since I was 18 - do I need to get a report from every single one?

Also - if I have applied for PR and I get a job offer whilst travelling in NZ, can it then be amended to a WTR visa?

Huge thanks to anyone who replies!!! I'm in a pickle...

;)

happynz Sep 29th 2007 5:42 am

Re: Question about police check...

Originally Posted by smiler000 (Post 5366840)
Hi guys!

Howdy.

I have a question and hope someone can help me!

I'll have a stab at it.

I have had my EOI selected and drawn from the Pool and so I'm now trying to sort out the rest of it!!

First, congratulations on getting selected.

I looked on the immigration site and its not clear there - maybe it's a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway - Police references - how far back are they supposed to go?

I ask as I have lived in quite a few cities since I was 18 - do I need to get a report from every single one?

You need police clearances for each country you have lived in for at least a year for the previous ten years. You do not need one for each city inside a country.

Also - if I have applied for PR and I get a job offer whilst travelling in NZ, can it then be amended to a WTR visa?

If you do find work out here I think you might be better off applying for a temporary work permit whilst waiting sort out your ITA to submit to NZIS.

If you have all your documents sorted, job contract, police clearances and you submit in a New Zealand office the processing can be quite quick.

Huge thanks to anyone who replies!!! I'm in a pickle...

;)

Ummmmm, pickles. I'm hungry...:D

smiler000 Sep 29th 2007 6:23 am

LOL! Hungry for pickles?! Fair dos... !!

Thanks so much for your help - so basically the police check I've submitted will do checks back over the years? not just the time I lived in my current county/town?

:)

happynz Sep 29th 2007 6:38 am

Originally Posted by smiler000 (Post 5366990)
Thanks so much for your help - so basically the police check I've submitted will do checks back over the years? not just the time I lived in my current county/town?

Which country (countries) are you applying for police clearances?

smiler000 Sep 29th 2007 6:44 am

Just the UK..

happynz Sep 29th 2007 6:49 am

Originally Posted by smiler000 (Post 5367017)
Just the UK..

No worries. Get down to your local cop shop and get the form for a police clearance, pay ten pounds and wait 40 days.

littleal Sep 30th 2007 6:06 am

Originally Posted by smiler000 (Post 5366990)
LOL! Hungry for pickles?! Fair dos... !!

I think you will have to supply details of every address you've lived at in the last 10 years. Hope you can remember!

Alison