Question about passports and SMC visa

Old Jul 10th 2014, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about passports and SMC visa

Hi everyone,

I got given a work visa in Feb, submitted police certs and full medicals at that time all fine. I am now looking around to apply for residency. AFAIK I seem to have 160 points...the only query being if my Masters in nursing counts as a 7-8 or a 9-10 level qualification. My application would be for me alone, in NZ already working and registered with my professional body. I THINK that the medicals xrays and police certs remain valid for a year but please could someone correct me.

My question is this: I have a two week trip back to the UK in Nov. If I were to submit my EOI now and it got pulled out (likely as am over points threshold) and I was able to apply what are the risks of my UK passport being buried in the bowels of INZ being residenced?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 4:29 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about passports and SMC visa

we only handed over our actual passports when the visa's where ready to be put in, took 3 days, but then they did initially put the wrong visa in so had to wait until they corrected it. We handed them into Wellington Immigration Office and collected.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 4:36 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

looks like Police Certs have to be less than 6mths old

"I’m applying for a resident visa

AND

the Police Certificate submitted with an earlier application was issued less than 24 (but more than six) months ago
Yes, you do need to submit another Police Certificate that is less than six months old.
the Police Certificate submitted with an earlier application was issued less than 24 months ago
Yes, you do need to submit another Police Certificate that is less than six months old."
Do I need another Police Certificate when extending my visa? - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase

As for medical's I believe if you have submitted one less than 36 months ago you may not need to resubmit a new one

" If you have already provided these certificates within the last 36 months you may not need to provide new certificates."

Getting your documents together
Old Jul 11th 2014, 3:24 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I provided a certified copy of my passport with my application as I didn't want my passport sitting around in NZ House for months. Cost me £2 at a local solicitors so it shouldn't be expensive. I think [but do not know] that JPs in NZ do this free of charge

You only need to send your passport in at the very end to get your blue stickers placed in it.

MrsF has answered your questions on police and medicals

Good luck and enjoy the holiday!
Old Jul 12th 2014, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

I think [but do not know] that JPs in NZ do this free of charge
Yes JPs in NZ free of charge. I did mine certified in Auckland and there was no cost. in Auckland Normally JPs sits in CAB office normally located with Auckland Libraries.
Old Jul 14th 2014, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite excited about this now...aside from the expense of it things are looking fairly easy to organise. Rang immigration today and because I'm already here and registered as a nurse I don't have to get qualifications verified so thats another hassle out the way. Eek...residency...!!