Question about my qualifications for EOI

Old Jul 13th 2010, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Chris7046 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about my qualifications for EOI

Hi guys,

I am a French man but I moved to England and have been working there for 18 years. I work as Electrical Engineer for the High Speed Railway in Kent now so I hope that I qualify as a new member of British expats if not so much "Junior" anymore at 45 years of age. Lol

I need your help about my qualifications before submitting my Expression of Interest.

Please let me explain: I have a French Electrical exam since 1981 and I worked as Electrician in France for 7 years before moving to UK. I believe that my French exam is the equivalent of an English Electrical Diploma but I checked and unfortunately for me my exam doesn't appear in the list of recognized qualification published by the NZQA. I know that I can have it assessed by them at a cost NZ $730 but I also have an Electrical City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate that I obtained in England in 2006.
This qualification is listed as a recognized qualification by NZQA but they also state that the applicant must have completed an apprenticeship relevant to the qualification registered with an applicable awarding body.

So here is my dilemna: I was already qualified and experienced when I went for the City & Guilds Certificate and therefore an apprenticeship was not required. Beside it was never offered to me.

Is there a possibility to check with the NZ immigration if they will be happy enough with the City & Guilds Certificate but with no apprenticeship before I send my EOI or do I have to pay the NZQA $730 to assess my French Electrical Diploma?

Not being tight but it's an accumulation of fees and time wasted in paperwork that I could do without.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old Jul 13th 2010, 10:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Question about my qualifications for EOI

I excpet you have but have you contacted NZ EWRB to see what is recognised.
They should be able to offer some guidance .

Originally Posted by EWRB
FRANCE
1. .................................................. .............................................. Electrician Registration..... FRA-
1.1 Certificat d'Aptitude Professionnelle (CAP) Certificate............................... FRA-
1.2 Certificat de Fin Apprentissage (CFA) Certificate....................................... . FRA-
Old Jul 14th 2010, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Chris7046 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about my qualifications for EOI

Hello Bevs,

Thanks for your advice. I looked into EWRB site but my qualification called Brevet d' Enseignement Professionnel (BEP) is not listed there despite that it is very similar and even at a slightly highter level than the CAP which is recognised by them.

I will write to them tomorrow as I am on night shifts at moment and too knakered to have a go right now.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Chris