Question about medical

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about
Default Question about medical

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question - immigration medicals, what exactly do they involve? I have mine booked for next week and I am aware they take bloods, do x-rays and urinalysis but is there anything else? General Q&As etc?

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 5:43 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about medical

Hiya

The two important documents you need are below. Please note there are a few measurements you need to be under, including blood pressure (140/90) and waist measurement.

Take a checklist with you and make sure that the initialing of all required pages is done, that your photos are signed over (not the face!) and that all measurements are done in metric.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Medical_Certificate.pdf (407.3 KB, 197 views)
File Type: pdf
Medical_cert_applicants_notes.pdf (122.4 KB, 807 views)
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:24 am
life finally begins in NZ

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Question about medical

Originally Posted by smiler000
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question - immigration medicals, what exactly do they involve? I have mine booked for next week and I am aware they take bloods, do x-rays and urinalysis but is there anything else? General Q&As etc?

Thanks for your help!

One thing to be mindful of is watch how much Alcohol and fatty foods you eat over the next week. Hubby had to have the blood test for liver function three times to make sure it was low enough. Turned out it was the once a week curry with a few beers that tipped it up the scale a bit. :curse:

Took two weeks to go back to 'normal' for him but this can vary with each individual. I had the same curry and maybe not as much booze but my blood tests were fine
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:34 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahlou2411
One thing to be mindful of is watch how much Alcohol and fatty foods you eat over the next week. Hubby had to have the blood test for liver function three times to make sure it was low enough. Turned out it was the once a week curry with a few beers that tipped it up the scale a bit. :curse:

Took two weeks to go back to 'normal' for him but this can vary with each individual. I had the same curry and maybe not as much booze but my blood tests were fine
Just stick to red wine and not so much curry and you'll be fine.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi

also if you are on any medication it can also upset your results, but the medical only takes about 15 mins

with regards

kirstie