British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Question About Application Fee (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/question-about-application-fee-633560/)

jrotunda85 Oct 1st 2009 6:21 pm

Question About Application Fee

This is probably a silly question that I can answer myself but I figured I would just double-check. My wife and I’s EOI was accepted on 23/09/09 and were now waiting to here whether it’s been verified. Were in the process of getting our medicals and police records done and it got me thinking, if we get an ITA, submit all the paperwork, and for some reason they don’t accept it – are we just out the £750 application fee (note I’m not talking about the EOI fee)? In this same situation, let’s say we regroup and reapply, do we have to pay the same fees all over again? :confused:

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

Jo-Chris Oct 1st 2009 6:27 pm

Re: Question About Application Fee

Originally Posted by jrotunda85 (Post 7981492)
This is probably a silly question that I can answer myself but I figured I would just double-check. My wife and I’s EOI was accepted on 23/09/09 and were now waiting to here whether it’s been verified. Were in the process of getting our medicals and police records done and it got me thinking, if we get an ITA, submit all the paperwork, and for some reason they don’t accept it – are we just out the £750 application fee (note I’m not talking about the EOI fee)? In this same situation, let’s say we regroup and reapply, do we have to pay the same fees all over again? :confused:

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

Hi,

I think once you pay the ITA application fee thats it even if you are successful or not.;)

jrotunda85 Oct 1st 2009 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris (Post 7981504)
Hi,

I think once you pay the ITA application fee thats it even if you are successful or not.;)

That's what I figured, guess we better just get it right the first time! :rofl:

willand tina_h Oct 1st 2009 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by jrotunda85 (Post 7981533)
That's what I figured, guess we better just get it right the first time! :rofl:

Yep, that sure is right. Once you hand it over we will never see it again weather a good result or not or have to re-apply :sneaky:

Tina, x

Persephone Oct 2nd 2009 6:00 am

Hi there
I would think that you would lose the ITA fee should it be refused. You said you were getting your medicals done, they are only valid for 3m after you've had them done so it may be better to wait until you receive an ITA just to be on the safe side [unless you have a job offer and can be reasonably confident it should arrive soon]. Not sure how many approved doctors or how long their waiting lists are in your area;) Maybe ring round and check, after all if waiting lists are short, why take the risk of them going out of date?

I applied last year and had a 5.5m wait between selection and receiving my ITA. I did my police check about 2m after selection but I'm so glad I didn't do the medicals then as well:eek: There was no reason for it [maybe they lost it:unsure:] and others on here were not having to wait anywhere near that long. Just a cautionary note:thumbup:
Sue :D