British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   A question?......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/question-502938/)

Tan0410 Jan 2nd 2008 9:38 am

A question?.........

Would anyone know of any reason why I could not hand deliver our application to New Zealand house, with all our original documentation enclosed, in advance of our medicals (scheduled for the 18th)...then send the medicals in the post shortly afterwards?

Obviously trying to avoid sending all documentation in the post but also have to try to schedule a trip to London around the schedule of two small children and nursery etc....

Would like to get the application in sooner rather than later so thinking this could be an option? Understand that the application couldn't be processed without the medicals so this is more about physically getting to London and dropping off the other documentation a.s.a.p.

Thanks

Tan

happynz Jan 2nd 2008 8:25 pm

Re: A question?.........

I don't see the reasoning behind dropping off the application without the medicals. I doubt that your case will be processed any quicker as a result of doing this, but who knows?

BEVS Jan 2nd 2008 9:09 pm

My suggestion would be that you keep all your documentation and medicals together with your completed ITA form and then give it to your NZIS case officer when it is totally complete.

Tan0410 Jan 3rd 2008 2:48 am

Mixed views...

Will probably tread on the side of caution and keep it all together....just wanted to get the trip to London out of the way and off my mind.

Case officer left service and have been told that new one won't be allocated until completed ITA is delivered to them.

Thanks for replies.

Tan

littleal Jan 3rd 2008 7:42 am

Hi Tan

Do you really need to hand deliver? Mine got there fine by Special Delivery.

Alison

Nerine Jan 3rd 2008 9:56 am

Ditto, they sent it all back to me that way too.

Tan0410 Jan 3rd 2008 10:42 am

Probably not but a little worried about losing a life's worth of documents in the postal system :unsure:

Tan

P2L Jan 4th 2008 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Tan0410 (Post 5733457)
Probably not but a little worried about losing a life's worth of documents in the postal system :unsure:

Tan

Hi Tan
We delivered ours by hand for that very reason. They stamped all the photocopies of the important bits such as birth certificates and gave them straight back to us.

Have you booked your medicals yet? We had ours done in Northampton last January at Langham Place. Very straight forward and swift turnaround by them, in fact i think we had them back within 10 days :thumbup:

HTH

Tan0410 Jan 4th 2008 3:05 pm

Thanks for that, worth bearing in mind to take docs home there and then!

Getting medicals done in Maidenhead. Sister lives relatively near to there and saves us £200 on the cost of Northampton!!!!

Tan