Query points claimed

Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Query points claimed

can I rant please - thankyou - I have been waiting for ages for news on our ITA and have just had the news that the points being claimed for my qualifications being in shortage area AND points for work experience in shortage area are being questioned. I am really bugged because I have paid for my qualifications to be assessed by NZQA AND have provided verified evidence of work experience. How VERY DARE they question this when it is their own systems I have followed to the latter. GRRRRR

AND ( nearly done moaning honest )

how do you get on programmes like Wanted Down Under & why is it soooo easy for those on it after a week to go - Get me on this programme PLEEEEEESE .

Ok - I feel much better now
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query points claimed

Originally Posted by bolton1
can I rant please - thankyou - I have been waiting for ages for news on our ITA and have just had the news that the points being claimed for my qualifications being in shortage area AND points for work experience in shortage area are being questioned. I am really bugged because I have paid for my qualifications to be assessed by NZQA AND have provided verified evidence of work experience. How VERY DARE they question this when it is their own systems I have followed to the latter. GRRRRR

AND ( nearly done moaning honest )

how do you get on programmes like Wanted Down Under & why is it soooo easy for those on it after a week to go - Get me on this programme PLEEEEEESE .

Ok - I feel much better now
Hi,

I don't know if our situation was anything like yours but my husband claimed points for skills shortage I think as he works in IT. We were not allowed the points as although he works in IT doing IT stuff he does it within a law firm and not for an IT company.

Does that make any sense? We had to find points else where.

Carole
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,

I don't know if our situation was anything like yours but my husband claimed points for skills shortage I think as he works in IT. We were not allowed the points as although he works in IT doing IT stuff he does it within a law firm and not for an IT company.

Does that make any sense? We had to find points else where.

Carole
Out of interest you say that you had an NZQA assessment - was this a pre-assessment of a full assessment? Have you actually submitted your ITA yet of are you waiting for the ITA to arrive.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi -I had a pre assessment by NZQA and we are waiting for our ITA the delay is the query re the claim for points against my qualifications and length of work experience.

any advice welcomed - thanks
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Hi -I had a pre assessment by NZQA and we are waiting for our ITA the delay is the query re the claim for points against my qualifications and length of work experience.

I had a similar problem when INZ in London tried to take away the points I had claimed for a qualification and work experience in an area of LTSS. I then got a pre-asessment Level 8 which resolved that problem so I'm not sure if this is the same problem that you have.

I have to be honest in that the more I deal with the various NZ agencies the more I wonder whether they really are trying to encourage migrants or if its just a ruse to raise money! I dread to think of what we have spent so far and I feel no further forward than I did six months ago! When I sent off my NZQA full assessment application at the end of June I did'nt think for one minute that I'd still be waiting for the outcome the first week of September.

My employer in NZ is becoming impatient and I am fearful that he may simply give up waiting such is the excruciating delay in the process. Even he can't believe how slow it is. My only hope is that once my ITA is received in London they get their fingers out and process it ASAP.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice

Hi Bolton 1

It is really frustrating, we had a similar problem, I am a qualified Social Worker, but because I did the Diploma and not the degree they would not give me the bonus points for my qualification and work experience, we then had to have a pre assessment for OH Quals (Level 3 Carpenter), and was re selected based on this, we have now received our ITA and are currently waiting for our full assessment, which according to the NZQA website it has now been completed and sent via courier! Do you think it is the bonus points they are questioning as I still received points for my Qualification and experience?

Jackie
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jack1971
Hi Bolton 1

It is really frustrating, we had a similar problem, I am a qualified Social Worker, but because I did the Diploma and not the degree they would not give me the bonus points for my qualification and work experience, we then had to have a pre assessment for OH Quals (Level 3 Carpenter), and was re selected based on this, we have now received our ITA and are currently waiting for our full assessment, which according to the NZQA website it has now been completed and sent via courier! Do you think it is the bonus points they are questioning as I still received points for my Qualification and experience?

Jackie
God knows! In the words of the song... "the more I learn, the less I understand".

I can only remain astounded at the chasm that exists between the apparent needs of NZ employers and the government agancies whose job it is to ensure the inward flow of skilled migrants. Small wonder that they have skill shortages!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am also a social worker & have the DIPSW but have a Post Grad certificate as well which was assessed at a level 8 & the NZ Social work registration Board also recognise this - it is 3 modules towards an MA so higher than a degree. When I last checked social work was still on the long term shortage list.

It does seem that one arm of the immigration service doesn't know what the other bit does. we have an agent based in NZ acting for us so they have sent a response - I will let you know how we get on & why they are querying in the first place.

It is frustrating as the time scales keep changing so its hard to plan this end. It must be even worse if you alreday have ajob & can't go that must be a nightmare & puts my blip into context.

I am an optimist & always try to think that everything happens for a reason - I am trying to be patient but when you just want to go its hard & then you watch reruns of programmes like Wanted down under and there are people on it who need time to think ( whats all that about ) and it looks so easy - I want to be on it !!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

I am also a social worker & have the DIPSW but have a Post Grad certificate as well which was assessed at a level 8 & the NZ Social work registration Board also recognise this - it is 3 modules towards an MA so higher than a degree. When I last checked social work was still on the long term shortage list.

It does seem that one arm of the immigration service doesn't know what the other bit does. we have an agent based in NZ acting for us so they have sent a response - I will let you know how we get on & why they are querying in the first place.

It is frustrating as the time scales keep changing so its hard to plan this end. It must be even worse if you alreday have ajob & can't go that must be a nightmare & puts my blip into context.

I am an optimist & always try to think that everything happens for a reason - I am trying to be patient but when you just want to go its hard & then you watch reruns of programmes like Wanted down under and there are people on it who need time to think ( whats all that about ) and it looks so easy - I want to be on it !!
The hard part is that my post grad was already pre-assessed at level 8 but then NZQA had second thoughts. Go figure that one!

Not only do I have a job offer, but I've sold my house, moving into rented in two dqys time and applied for export licenses for 5 animals which has to be date specific. Its an absolute nightmare.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
The hard part is that my post grad was already pre-assessed at level 8 but then NZQA had second thoughts. Go figure that one!

Not only do I have a job offer, but I've sold my house, moving into rented in two dqys time and applied for export licenses for 5 animals which has to be date specific. Its an absolute nightmare.
Hi Rock Ape

This may sound like a really daft question, but have you called the NZQA and explained that you are reaching your deadline RE your ITA and Job Offer. What is your status on the website? I am only asking as I phoned up and they told me that they weren't meeting their timescales and advised me to get an extension, however, I went on the website a couple of days later and it said that they had completed the assessment and sent it out.
Jackie
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bolton 1

How uncanny that we are both in the same profession, have you thought about Social Work agencies yet? What area are you currently working in?
Jackie
Old Sep 8th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jack1971
Hi Bolton 1

How uncanny that we are both in the same profession, have you thought about Social Work agencies yet? What area are you currently working in?
Jackie
Hi Jackie. Yes, been in contact most days. The website progress is fiction - mine said Notification a week ago but found out that it was sent be courier TODAY! Not bad for a Fast-tracked application received by NZQA 3rd July! Rubbish over-priced service.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

HI Jack

send me a PM and we could chat away from this thread ?
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have been in touch with our agent who has copied me into letter from NZIS who wanted to return our EOI back to the pool - OMG

Fortunately our agent is on the ball and has provided evidence to counteract what they are saying but we still have to wait to see if this is accepted .

what a nightmare as it was sooo unexpected especially as we have provided loads of detail .

It would also have mean't a change in the footnote on here & I have forgotton how to do it & what would that look like

EOI submitted ....
EOI accepted ...
ITA
OOPs sorry no ITA ...........
Returned to pool ..............

There would be no room for anything else !!!!!

keeping smiling ( through gritted teeth )
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
Hi Jackie. Yes, been in contact most days. The website progress is fiction - mine said Notification a week ago but found out that it was sent be courier TODAY! Not bad for a Fast-tracked application received by NZQA 3rd July! Rubbish over-priced service.

Sounds like you're sorted then Rock Ape? That is really good news. Still all OK with your soon to be employer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.