Query on IRRV length or expiry?

Old May 11th 2010, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

nahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant future
Default Query on IRRV length or expiry?

Hi

I just have a query on the IRRV (NZ) is there an expiry on this? as I know that a ozzy visa has a expiry of 10 years.

Any advice replies grateful

Cheers

nahb
Old May 12th 2010, 11:56 am
Just Joined

nahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Advice needed please about RRV and IRV

Hi Newkiwi

Thanks for your advice there

I have been given a IRRV and there is no date it just has indefinite, would this mean that we just have to renew this when we get new passports as there is no indication of any expiry??

Thanks again

Nahb
Old May 12th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice needed please about RRV and IRV

Originally Posted by nahb
Hi Newkiwi

Thanks for your advice there

I have been given a IRRV and there is no date it just has indefinite, would this mean that we just have to renew this when we get new passports as there is no indication of any expiry??

Thanks again

Nahb
I think so, when you get new passports you just get the Visas transferred into the new passport.
Old May 16th 2010, 5:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query on IRRV length or expiry?

Originally Posted by nahb
Hi

I just have a query on the IRRV (NZ) is there an expiry on this? as I know that a ozzy visa has a expiry of 10 years.
Your knowledge is wrong, I'm afraid. Most Australian permanent visas expire after 5 years, never 10.

IRRV doesn't expire but the government could always impose an expiry date.
Old May 17th 2010, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks for your information there I have a NZ Visa not a Ozzy one, im not sure if they have the same rules??

NAHB
Old May 17th 2010, 9:57 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I am aware the IRRV has a 2 yr expiry.

I am confused....why would the NZ one have the same rules as the Australian one - they are completely different countries with completely different immigration requirements.
Old May 17th 2010, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shelloid
As far as I am aware the IRRV has a 2 yr expiry.

I am confused....why would the NZ one have the same rules as the Australian one - they are completely different countries with completely different immigration requirements.
your first Returning Resident Visa (RRV) has an expiry of two years.
if you were in NZ for more than 6 months in each preceding year you are likely top qualify for an Indefinite RRV, which has no expiry date. So your IRRV does not expire.

NZ and Aus are not at all the same when it comes to immigration.
Old May 18th 2010, 5:04 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

It's your residency permit which expires.
Your returning visa will be an RRV up until the two year point, whereby on return to NZ you are granted a new residency permit.
After being here for two years, when you leave the country you still will need to apply for an RRV, but will then be granted an IRRV.
From that point on (as far as I am aware), the IRRV allows for entry and exit as and when you want without the need to keep applying for new visas.
That's how it's worked for us with funeral flights, no reason to leave apart from that. Oh, and Haze had hers sorted in London a she forgot to apply here when she shot off for her Grandad's short notice funeral. Thought I was finally going to be free, but bloody NZ house let her back in

I wait to be corrected.....