maxpayne

mfahadjalil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Query for EOI

Hi,
I have a query regarding submission of EOI
my points are:

30 points: 20-29 years

15 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage

25 points: 8 years (Work experience relevant to qualification)

I finish my Bachelor of Computer & IT in 2009 but I was doing a part time job of 5 hours daily since 2005 as "Technical Support Engineer" along with my studies, so can I added that experience too here. So I have total Experience of 8 years.

50 points: Bachelor of Computer & IT

10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage

10 points if your partner holds a level 4-6 qualification

As my wife have bachelor of commerce (2 Years Degree). So, I consider it Level-6

TOTAL ---140 points
All I want to know about the part time experience along with the studies.
Thank you

Reference is given below.
-----------------------------------------

SM 11.15.1 Part-time work

Calculation of levels of work experience must be for complete weeks based on a 30-hour week.

Credit is given for 30-hour weeks only, even though a principal applicant has worked more than 30 hours in any week.
Example: Fifty-two 60-hour weeks are equal to one years work experience.

Credit for part-time work experience may be given on a proportional basis.
Example: Four years work experience for 15 hours per week is equal to 2 years work experience for a 30-hour week, and therefore qualifies for 10 points.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 3:48 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query for EOI

If you've worked over 30 hours per week since 2009 then that will count as 3-4 years work experience depending on when you started. If it was in an area of absolute skills shortage then the work experience will count for points even if not in a comparable labour market.

Prior to 2009:
If you were only working 25 hours per week then you cannot count each year as a full year-each year is only 5/6 of a year in terms of work experience according to NZIS. Eg 4 years at 5/6 year =3.33=3 years.
You may not be able to count this as work experience in an area of skills shortage as you did not have the qualification at that point. Also the comparable labour market issue may come into effect for these years as well.