Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Quals on approved list - do i still need NZQA?

Quals on approved list - do i still need NZQA?

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quals on approved list - do i still need NZQA?

had email advising we're getting ITA in 2-3 weeks (yippee!) but am not clear if we should be getting our degrees assessed by NZQA as they are both on the 'approved' list...

I've also got a grad dip that isn't on the approved list, but am not principle app, so do i need to get that approved or not bother?

just thinking that if we need to do NZQA then we might as well get cracking with that, especially given the delays reported elsewhere!

any help appreciated!

cheers
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:16 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quals on approved list - do i still need NZQA?

Hi Stoof,

If your degree is on the list of recognised qualifications and it was from an approved university [there's a list on the NZIS website somewhere] then you don't need to get them assessed.
Mine was fine and all I sent in was a certified copy of my degree certificate.
I don't know whether you need to bother with your grad dip. If you're not claiming points for it I would think it doesn't matter...someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that!
Sue
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sue R View Post
Hi Stoof,

If your degree is on the list of recognised qualifications and it was from an approved university [there's a list on the NZIS website somewhere] then you don't need to get them assessed.
Mine was fine and all I sent in was a certified copy of my degree certificate.
I don't know whether you need to bother with your grad dip. If you're not claiming points for it I would think it doesn't matter...someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that!
Sue
If you are unsure then I would strongly recommend that you query it with INZ in London. My fast-tracked NZQA full assessment has stil not arrived after over 2 months so if you require an assessment from them get it sent ASAP to avoid the chaos we are now in!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
If you are unsure then I would strongly recommend that you query it with INZ in London. My fast-tracked NZQA full assessment has stil not arrived after over 2 months so if you require an assessment from them get it sent ASAP to avoid the chaos we are now in!
Hi, I chased OHs yesterday and got a standard e-mail back just saying that their time schedules are not on track, no apologies or anything or any idea of how long it will take, just ask NZIS for a continuance... Our EOI will drop out of the pool in November, what are the chances of it being done by them....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph View Post
Hi, I chased OHs yesterday and got a standard e-mail back just saying that their time schedules are not on track, no apologies or anything or any idea of how long it will take, just ask NZIS for a continuance... Our EOI will drop out of the pool in November, what are the chances of it being done by them....
If you only submited to NZQA 8th August then I would say that if EVERY shred of paper they need is there then you may get it back by the end on September but don't hold your breath. one day when I have more time I'll write a book on my dealings with NZQA!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Oh it was a problem with NZIS, they started happy with OH's qualifications then decided that as his City and Guilds is so old and in those days you didn't do an apprenticeship with a certificate at the end, it was all part of the course.... they wanted them assessed, so yes it is a bit late and now they've put us back in the pool.....
Your book would be bigger than war and peace!

nic