Qualifications advice?

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Alx_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualifications advice?

Hi there. I am hoping someone may be able/generous enough to help with my questions! Back in 2007 me and my girlfriend used our working holiday visas in NZ, before coming back to the UK to continue life where we left it.

We are now over 30 and have been looking for ways to try to emmigrate there. I have recently become unemployed. I cheekily wondered if there are any experts who may be able to give me some hint as to whether it would be worth our while putting in an EOI or not, or if there's another route, based on our qualifications.

My quals are a BTEC National Diploma in General Art & Design, and a Certificate in Professional Studies in Records & Information Management.

My girlfriend has a Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and a lot of retail and silver-service type work experience.

I had looked at the learning route there previously but international student fees seem to be a fortune! Just don't have that sort of money. It's incredibly frustrating because it seems there are a lot who emmigrate to NZ who have never even been there and then moan about it and what not - and here we are, have been there, absolutely love the place, and yet can't go back :/
As it stands I am looking for a career change and train-while-you-earn sort of role in the UK in forestry/ranger/conservation sort of area. If anyone knows if NZ have such a thing but open to internationals I'd be extremely interested to know! Particularly if it's any where near Lake Wanaka

Thanks for your time