British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Qualification, visa's etc. Can someone help?!?!?! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/qualification-visas-etc-can-someone-help-701259/)

paul115 Jan 18th 2011 7:54 pm

Qualification, visa's etc. Can someone help?!?!?!

Hi all,
I am new on here and was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions.

1) I have and NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering, NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering, ONC in electrical engineering, HNC in electrical/mechanical engineering and a few other bits and bobs. Do these equate to anything on the shortage lists? I cant work out the different levels. :confused:

2) What sort of visa is best? My girlfriend has a RRV as part of her mothers, my girlfriend is in the UK and her mother is in NZ and we would like to go about this time next year. I was thinking about a working holiday visa to start with, but had heard there are restraints with what work you can do. Is this true

BEVS Jan 18th 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Qualification, visa's etc. Can someone help?!?!?!

Originally Posted by paul115 (Post 9111253)
Hi all,

Kia Ora:)

I am new on here and was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions.
We can try. We all started with questions , questions and more questions.

1) I have and NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering, NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering, ONC in electrical engineering, HNC in electrical/mechanical engineering and a few other bits and bobs. Do these equate to anything on the shortage lists? I cant work out the different levels.
Yes. Possibly. Different occupations require differing levels of qualifications.

I have my own question. What is your occupation?
Please have a look HERE and HERE & let us know which one fits.

I was thinking about a working holiday visa to start with, but had heard there are restraints with what work you can do. Is this true
Yes. There are restraints on a WHV. Please read HERE

I don't know what age you are but there is also The Silver Fern visa which allows young people to enter NZ for 9 months to look for skilled employment.

paul115 Jan 19th 2011 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9111293)
Kia Ora:)

We can try. We all started with questions , questions and more questions.

Yes. Possibly. Different occupations require differing levels of qualifications.

I have my own question. What is your occupation?
Please have a look HERE and HERE & let us know which one fits.

Yes. There are restraints on a WHV. Please read HERE

I don't know what age you are but there is also The Silver Fern visa which allows young people to enter NZ for 9 months to look for skilled employment.

I fit into a couple i think, but my actual job title at the moment is mechanical/electrical production engineer.

233311 Electrical Engineer

233512 Mechanical Engineer

133512 Production Manager (Manufacturing) Kind of, not actually classed as a manager at work, but i do manage all the mechanical and electrical productions.

I'm aged 26.

cheers

paul115 Feb 28th 2011 1:39 pm

I have been looking at the website and I think Silver Fern would be best for me. Does anyone have an idea of cost? I couldnt see anything on costs. Also does anyone know when they usualy open the applications?

Cheers