Qualification points on EOI

Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

c_wal10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualification points on EOI

Hi,
Just filling in our EOI now that hubbie has job offer. Our temp work visa went yesterday so hopfully back soon so I can book our flights (me and kids going on visitors visa).
I have filled it in to be applied for as soon as we are in NZ. But was wondering, I have a BSc(hons) degree. Can I claim points for this even though I will be a stay at home mum until kids go to school and then will work on the farm as well?
Thanks in advance, Claire
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualification points on EOI

Assuming the Residency application in NZ progresses without a hitch you should secure them at least a couple of months quicker than the good old London office.
You understand that you only have 6 months on a visitors visa although bear in mind that you can apply to Immigration to extend this. For UK nationals I think the rule is a max of 9 months in any 18 month period, therefore assuming you've not stayed in NZ previously you should be able to extend the visitors visas 3 months to provide any extra time.

Yes you can claim for your qualifications as a partner even though you don't intend to work. You must meet all the other criteria as a partner though - ie meet the English Language Requirement if you claim you could apply as a principal applicant and you must provide the evidence that you are in a genuine stable relationship.
We did all this and we've been here 18 months and the wife still not working yet.