Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Qualification BE (Mechanical ) & working in IT Sector

Qualification BE (Mechanical ) & working in IT Sector

Old Oct 15th 2013, 11:35 am
Just Joined

sales78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qualification BE (Mechanical ) & working in IT Sector

Dear Friends,

I would highly appreciate if someone could help me with my following doubts:

1. I have done BE (Mechanical) in 2001 and since then, I am working in IT Sector. I have worked with world renowned organisation. I am an Indian citizen. My profile matches very well with the profile of System Analyst.

Am I eligible for NZ Immigration? If yes, can I nominate System Analyst occupation despite no qualification in IT sector?

My confusion is just because of the fact that there is no match between my qualification and my employment.

2. My wife has done Master level qualification in arts. She has never worked. Her qualification as per NZQA guideline is Level 7 standard. Can I claim 20 points despite she never worked? If yes, what should be her IELTS score?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amit
Old Oct 15th 2013, 4:54 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualification BE (Mechanical ) & working in IT Sector

I'll try and answer your questions:
1. I have done BE (Mechanical) in 2001 and since then, I am working in IT Sector. I have worked with world renowned organisation. I am an Indian citizen. My profile matches very well with the profile of System Analyst.

Am I eligible for NZ Immigration? If yes, can I nominate System Analyst occupation despite no qualification in IT sector?

My confusion is just because of the fact that there is no match between my qualification and my employment.

Below is the link to the ANZSCO site, systems analysts. It does state that work experience may substitute for a formal qualification and still be classed as skilled. However you cannot claim any points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage as your degree is not one that is on the LTSSL under systems analyst.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]+Analysts

Another issue is the Comparable Labour Market. India is not on that list. You can only claim points for your work experience if you worked for a multinational commercial entity domiciled in one of the listed countries.
http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...bourMarket.htm

You can claim points for work experience and a qualification in different subjects. I do seem to recall that you have to write about how they relate to each other though. Your qualification will have to be on the list of recognised qualifications or you will need to get it assessed by NZQA in order to claim any points.

2. My wife has done Master level qualification in arts. She has never worked. Her qualification as per NZQA guideline is Level 7 standard. Can I claim 20 points despite she never worked? If yes, what should be her IELTS score?
To claim points for this the qual will have to be recognised or assessed by NZQA [same as yours]. It doesn't matter if she hasn't worked. To claim these points her IELTS score must be at the same level of the principal candidate ie 6.5. She only needs to score 5 if you are not claiming points for a partner's quals.