Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Qualification Assessment - Postgraduate Diploma

Qualification Assessment - Postgraduate Diploma

Old Jul 30th 2011, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

colsee will become famous soon enough
Default Qualification Assessment - Postgraduate Diploma

Hello everyone

I hoping I can find someone that has been in the same boat as me, or even some insight would be great

I am now at the stage where I have to get my qualifications assessed as it doesn't match word for word of what they are looking for and my current qualification holds a higher level of what is required. In a nutshell, my bonus points for qualifications have been taken away.

I have applied as a Software Tester, and hold a BA in Business and a Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) in Software Development.

As far as I understand everything so far, I need to have my PgD in Software Development compared to a Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Science or Information Technology, and should come in at level 7.

Is there anyone here that has been in the same boat as me of having a PgD positively assessed to a NZ Bachelor?

Any advice, insight or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Colsee
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:31 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qualification Assessment - Postgraduate Diploma

It's a bit of a confusing situation there. If you want to apply for a particular qualification in IT, you would need an undergrad degree in computing. You can only apply for one qualification and the PG should be in computing as well. You can ask a question on the NZ Immigration site to confirm. But it's unlikely that you can have different qualifications in the undergrad and PG to reflect one qualification. Write to NZQA and check as well. Search for the URLs via google.

Originally Posted by colsee
Hello everyone

I hoping I can find someone that has been in the same boat as me, or even some insight would be great

I am now at the stage where I have to get my qualifications assessed as it doesn't match word for word of what they are looking for and my current qualification holds a higher level of what is required. In a nutshell, my bonus points for qualifications have been taken away.

I have applied as a Software Tester, and hold a BA in Business and a Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) in Software Development.

As far as I understand everything so far, I need to have my PgD in Software Development compared to a Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Science or Information Technology, and should come in at level 7.

Is there anyone here that has been in the same boat as me of having a PgD positively assessed to a NZ Bachelor?

Thanks

Colsee
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

colsee will become famous soon enough

Thanks Robby for your reply!

All the best with your plans!
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Maynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really niceMaynard Friedman is just really nice

Hi Colsee,

I now find myself in a similar boat. Did you have your PgD assessed and if so, with any success?

Originally Posted by colsee
Hello everyone

Thanks

Colsee