British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/qualification-area-absolute-skills-shortage-784298/)

UsmanGh Jan 18th 2013 6:29 pm

Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage

Hi,

I studied in Pakistan but my qualification is level 7 and listed as required in LTSSL , Can i claim bonus points for my qualification. I have Bachelor degree in Computer Science and I am looking to apply for System Administrator 262113 which is in LTSSL.
My Qualification match with my profession as System Administrator.

Regards
Usman Ghani

eyadinuae Jan 19th 2013 11:13 am

Re: Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage

Yes off course you can claim ..

BEVS Jan 21st 2013 8:19 pm

Re: Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage

Originally Posted by UsmanGh (Post 10491452)
Hi,

I studied in Pakistan but my qualification is level 7 and listed as required in LTSSL , Can i claim bonus points for my qualification. I have Bachelor degree in Computer Science and I am looking to apply for System Administrator 262113 which is in LTSSL.
My Qualification match with my profession as System Administrator.

Regards
Usman Ghani

I believe your qualification may need an NZQA assessment in order to claim the points. Pakistan is not listed as exempt.

Appendix 3 - List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment

The qualifications in this list do not require assessment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). Qualifications will qualify for points on the basis of their assessed position on the NZQF (see SM14.5 of the Skilled Migrant Category) and subject to any additional requirements being met as specified in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment and in SM14.10.
The List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment is for immigration purposes only. The inclusion of a qualification on this list does not have bearing on the status of the qualification for professional registration, further study, salary or employment purposes.
All teaching qualifications and degrees in Education will need to be assessed by the NZQA for teacher registration and salary purposes, should an applicant wish to enter the teaching profession within New Zealand.
Effective 29/11/2010
IN THIS SECTION
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
France
Germany
Hong Kong