qu re SMC

Old Oct 19th 2014, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Chel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default qu re SMC

hi all

just looking through all the paperwork i would need to submit for an SMC permit and have a couple of questions i'm hoping you can help with.

firstly, the job i'm waiting to hear on is a business analyst role, which is on the smc listing. i have 15 years experience that has led me to this job, but as a systems accountant/systems analyst which is slightly different, but both are also on the smc. anyone know if this makes any difference and if i can still claim the points?

also, looking at the required docs for proof of experience it
The evidence you provide to prove your work experience claims will be things like references on company letterhead, pay slips, job specifications, tax records, letters of appointment, and contracts.
i have letters, contracts, payslips etc (maybe not 15 years worth though). the issue i will have is with references. the companies i've worked for in the past only ever give basic 'she worked between x and y dates' type references. does anyone know if will this be a problem?

TIA!
Old Oct 20th 2014, 9:18 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: qu re SMC

sorry having real trouble trying to access the skills shortage list on the Immigration website so can't access it to see what the criteria on the business analyst role states you require. It may be worth a quick phone call to your local NZ Immigration office.

As for reference, yes they do need to be on the headed paper and as far as I can remember its just to confirm your hours, wage, and actual work carried out in the position. so don't believe it has to be anything to fancy.

Hopefully someone with a bit more experience in your field will come along and be able to offer a clearer pitcure
Old Oct 21st 2014, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I'm handing in mine this week and I've got 2 references that state literally just the start/finish dates, full time and job title. I'm expecting immigration to contact the named reference peeps to delve a bit further so expecting a small delay on this but I understand this is a pretty standard reference from big firms in uk these days (only state bare minimum facts).
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:47 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that is all that would be needed-they need to know the job title/duties performed, hours worked [to assess full or part time] and dates worked.
No need for anything personal even though one of my ex bosses decided to say how much of an asset I was

I would imagine you can still claim the points for work experience as it was in a skilled job albeit a slightly different one. Especially if your prior work experience helped get you this current job offer
Old Oct 21st 2014, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Chel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the replies. I have a verbal offer. Just waiting on the formal one now. Theyre recommending we go for a work visa in the first instance and then go for smc once we've been there a while. So at least I don't have to complete the huge form just yet lol