QTS?

Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

lisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant future
Default QTS?

I want to move my family to NZ. I am currently due to start a PGCE primary course on the UK with a view to using the qualification to move down under. In addition I have 2 qualifications and 12 years of TESOL experience. My questions are these; do I have to complete the extra year in the UK to gain QTS or will my qualifications be recognised without? And I am guessing that gaining visas and work in the TESOL field in NZ is pretty difficult am I right? I am 32. Basically we want to move as soon as possibleand would love to know of any short cuts!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future
Default Re: QTS?

hiya
i think you need to really find out about this!!! i know people here who have teaching quals but have still had to do at least one yr study over here to get registration....you have to have taught for a certain amount of time etc.... not really sure of all the ins and outs... i started my B'ed in uk and only had a yr to do but have had real probs geting quals cross credited! id get in touch with the teachers council and ask them before you do anything!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

lisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant future

Right thanks for that! When you say get in touch witht the teachers council, who is that exactly?!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:13 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisajhb
And I am guessing that gaining visas and work in the TESOL field in NZ is pretty difficult, am I right? I am 32.
That's how I secured permanent residency (PR), and yes it is pretty damn difficult right now. I reckon I may have just been lucky. I wouldn't advise using TESOL as a pathway to PR.
Basically we want to move as soon as possible and would love to know of any short cuts!
Come here, get 'skilled' work' offer, get work permit, send in expression of interest (EOI), get selected, get meds and cop shop clearance and every scrap of certified paper documenting your life, wait for invitation to apply (ITA), organise and submit ITA, pay migrant levy, get blue stickers in passport.

That's the short form.

Good luck.