Proving experience when self employed

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Chippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really nice
Default Proving experience when self employed

Hi can anybody shed a bit of light on how I go about doing this, started retraining as my qualification (BSc) wasn't relevant to the skill I was applying with but am now self employed, what do I have to show NZIS or can I just do a statuatory declaration?
Thanks
Giles
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Chippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really niceChippy Giles is just really nice
Default Re: Proving experience when self employed

Anybody? am I missing something in the EOI? Would tax returns do?
Also sometimes have been working 60hrs a week then other weeks have only had a few jobs on so its been a lot less - its just the nature of things do I just put this down as full time?
Thanks everybody
Giles
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:54 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proving experience when self employed

Sorry mate. Must have slipped through a crack in the floorboards.

If you are self-employed you will gather together a mighty tome of info .

Start with your end of year accounts P/L and Balance sheet . If you did a self-assessment tax return directly with the UK Inland Revenue, then submit copies of that self-assessment and the final assessment form you received from the UK IR in return.
A sample of your invoices. Cost sheets. Business Bank a/c will all help.

You can get an entire employment history from HMRC. It will show when and where you have been employed with dates and name of employer and it will also show the period you have been self-employed. If you click around the link, I believe you will be able to apply for this on-line.