pro's and con's of using an agent

Old May 14th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pro's and con's of using an agent

Originally Posted by jueinnz
We used an agent not sure about people mean by saying you still have to do a lot of the work yourselves, all we had to do was provide the evidence and get everything copied, and we were not a shut and dried case we scraped in under skilled migrants. I don't regret using them at all.
How could they possibly fill in the forms for you without asking you on their own form or over the telephone for all the same information....they can't unless they are clairvoyant...how can they complete your medical history without asking you what it is.
£5k to do that is most definitely money for old rope.

I'm not so down on relocation agents once you arrive however - especially if employer paying - they really can help smooth the process/save time with settling in and are great for finding high end rentals with central heating for instance and knowing which Landlords to avoid but in an English-speaking country you don't really need them either.
Old May 16th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

kira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant futurekira has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BEVS here
As your husband is a joiner, you really should try to do this yourself before paying out shedloads of dosh. Even with an agent , there will still be pressure on you both as you will still have to do the bulk of the work yourselves. In my honest opinion £5000 is way too much. In fact , it is money for old rope. If you had an unusual application or special circumstances, I could understand that type of fee better.

It's not really possible to miss something critical or do things wrong as such. He should have more faith in you. It is possible to find some of the form filling a bit arduous but we are all here to help . If you did miss a piece of paperwork , then NZIS would simply ask for it. If part of a form was incorrect , they would tell you.

The first thing to check is the POINTS INDICATOR. How many points do you think you will have ? [ please click the pale blue link]

The EOI form can take a good couple of hours. It is possible to save it and do it a piece at a time. Any problems with it, save the form and ask us here.
hi bev,
i checked the points indicator and its given us 150 points, our case is clear cut with no special circumstances. looks like we may be doing it ourselves (yipee i won,lol), as i have also looked at the form to fill in and it looks quiet straight forward just a few questions that has stumped me a little but i will ask around the forum when i get to them.
its great to know that everyone is so helpful so i apologise now to everyone if i ask something thats straight forward but i dont get it because i might get a tempory brain freeze .
thanks again to everyone for your help cant wait to fill our form out now as i feel more confident speaking to everyone on here
thanks again x
Old May 17th 2008, 5:29 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kira,

Good for you! It's a doddle, you'll save money and also have the satisfaction of doing it yourself

Believe me, anything that saves cash is good, at the moment all I seem to be doing is spending on immigration related stuff or thinking about things I'll need to pay for in the future

Just ask if you get stuck on anything, and someone will be able to answer. Most of it is obvious, though the odd question can seem a bit ambiguous. One thing I didn't mention is my family and then went into NZ House to add them to the form. They want your parents and siblings' details even if they are not going with you. Strangely enough they didn't want my brother-in-law on the form I think they want your grandparents names if your parents are deceased.

Good luck and just ask if necessary

Sue
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Ivoryhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by malcoltom
I am using an agent. I am having to go on the work to residence visa route which is not as easy as having a skill to go on, but it isn't costing me anywhere near £5k. £1,500 i am being charged.
It is true that all these lovely people on this site will help you and answer when they can but i feel my circumstances are a little bit different and i work 12 hour shifts and hardly a day off to be able to sit here for hours trying to get my head round it all.
Hope you make it. Good luck.
hi there, what company are you or did you use.
many thanks
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kira
hi all,
yesterday me and the hubby went to a seminar in leeds held by the emagration group. this has given me an idea now on the little things i didnt know how to do. myself would like to do the process without using an agent but the hubby is saying what if you do things wrong and also it would be easier as there would be no pressure on us. the thing is i dont see the point in paying upto £5000 for doing a job search, medicals, police check and getting a visa, when i could proberbly do this myself for alot less. we do know by speaking to the people at emagration we are strong candidates to go. my hubby is worried about me missing something critical out,lol (ok i do understand this as sometimes i can be a bit dizzy ), all id like is for you great people to give your views on doing it yourself to resettlement over in nz before we do decide which way to go.
many thanks
We..rather Kate did it all on her own. Everyone says the same..don't use an agent UNLESS you are an utter basket case and need their pull (or whatever they are supposed to have that we don't..WHICH IS WHAT??).

Do it yourself..it is really not that hard. You just follow instructions and fill in forms. Send off for police, work check stuff and the qualification bits and then the medical. The interview at NZ house is easy peasy. Don't waste your money!!