Proof of relationship

Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

clarecarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of relationship

Hi

We have been together since 1992, we married in 2006. No children. Apart from the wedding pictures, I don't want to hassle my parents too much. But who else have you all asked for a relationship reference?

In anticipation
Clare
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of relationship

Not had to do it myself yet but most people talk about sending: household bills in joint names, showing address; photos over the years, dated on the back; letters and invitations from friends and family addressed to you both; christmas cards. Basically anything that can place the two of you together over the years.
If I've missed something, folks will be along to put you right. Good luck
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We sent marriage cert, photos of us together on holiday, bank statments showing money transefering to each others accounts, mortgage statment in joint names etc.

Send anything you can to prove your relationship as a number of people on here have had problems with not providing enough evidence.

Hope this helps and good luck x
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

yep, we sent in marriage cert, photos with dates on the back, bills with both names on, and 2 letters from friends to say how long they have known us and that we are in a strong stable relationship.

Did the trick.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:06 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Phoned NZ house today re this, I was worried that I would have to hire a lorry to submit 33yrs worth of evidence!!!
Was told that a selection of evidence across term of relationship would be ok (6-7yrs in total) is all that I would need to send in.

Actual evidence required is as OP says....letters from friends, family, bank, council tax, house/car insurance, mortgage statements, letters from solicitors, reciepts for holidays or anything where both are named etc etc......think I should be able to manage to get enough stuff together!!
HTH
B x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Do you have to send originals or can you send copies of bills and holiday bookings etc.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:36 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Do you have to send originals or can you send copies of bills and holiday bookings etc.
Certified copy of marriage cert required but not sure on other docs, hopefully someone who has submitted will answer more fully for us!
B x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

You have to send a certified copy of marriage cert, but if you send photos and bills etc (originals) they will send them back to you if you send a self addressed envelope.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 7:37 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

we sent originals with copies behind and they sent them back with the passports... also, be aware that depending on how long it takes to process your ITA, they may ask you for more 'recent' evidence (ie the period of time between your ITA submission and it being considered).

In our case we sent 16 years worth of evidence up to beginning of december when we submitted - they then asked for evidence from december to march when they considered the ITA.... i mention this, cos if you're anything like us you'll be already trying to reduce the amount of junk you get through the post - paperless bank statements etc... just worth keeping hold of a few things from the time you submit your ITA - we cobbled together a postcard, a water bill and a couple of other things, but it took some doing!!

HTH
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:28 am
MnB

Hi Stoof thanks for tip! can't imagine why 16yrs worth of evidence wasn't enough ...guess its a 'belt n' braces' thing that ensures immigration policy is maintained
B x
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info. I know its early days for us but i'm gonna start to get copies of the documents i'll need so i'm well prepared
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi Stoof thanks for tip! can't imagine why 16yrs worth of evidence wasn't enough ...guess its a 'belt n' braces' thing that ensures immigration policy is maintained
B x
They're concerned about the future of the relationship really, so they are less interested in the past 16 years, that's what I would guess anyway....

We sent 2-3 years worth for our temp visa, and I am still saving up new documents in case the PR case officer requires up to date evidence.