proof of relationship

Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:10 pm
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice
Default proof of relationship

For an ITA other than marriage certificate what have folks used as prrof of releationship - you would have thought the two kids would be enough
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: proof of relationship

The children's birth certificates are evidence. We also used joint bank statement, mortgage offer letter and utility bill.

Alison
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:59 pm
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice

Brill. Thanks for that.

ITA should be sent in on Monday now!!!!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

Hi

We also added copies of old car insurance documents where OH was a named driver on mine, and I was a named driver on his (both at the same address).

Hope this helps someone!!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by newzealandplease View Post
Brill. Thanks for that.

ITA should be sent in on Monday now!!!!
also life assurance policies naming the other as beneficiary, wills etc.

holiday photos (of you both) dating two years plus back..
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Tallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really niceTallgirl is just really nice

Like NewKiwi & Littleal we submitted more pieces than we actually needed after we were asked for more evidence (wedding certificate & bank statements from same address showing money transactions between us deemed insufficient). Probably worth sending several items just to be cautious, they do send all the originals back promptly.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:40 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tallgirl View Post
Like NewKiwi & Littleal we submitted more pieces than we actually needed after we were asked for more evidence (wedding certificate & bank statements from same address showing money transactions between us deemed insufficient). Probably worth sending several items just to be cautious, they do send all the originals back promptly.
I included pictures dating back to our wedding, just 8 or 9 or so. I got hubby an extension to his visitor's permit today (valid until the end of 2009!) and the immigration officer oohed and aahed over the photos. It also helps that we've been together 13 years too.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

Tallgirl
I wouldn't bank on the originals coming back promptly, ours have been with CO since Sept!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough

Mmm.... this is something i think we might come unstuck on

We've been together for over 2 years now but for various reasons have nothing that proves we live together. We have joint insurance for a couple of vehicles and photo's of ourselves and my partners son who is nearly 3, these show all 3 of us at various stages of his development. I might be able to dig up some travel documents and travel insurance that show we've been away together but that seems a little flimsy to me.

Can anyone suggest any other evidence we might gather to support our application as a couple?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:25 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Insurance documents showing joint names and your address will be ok. On advice of emigration consultant we got friends, family and work colleagues to write relationship testimonial letters. Get them to put their name and address and phone numbers/email address etc at top. Date the letter and address To Whom It May Concern, NZ Immigration
Basically the writer states who they are, how they know you, if they are related, how long they have known you. They confirm how you got together / date you started living together / got married etc and that you both reside at whatever your address is. They write a brief paragraph detailing joint things you have done, eg holidays, interests, ambitions, etc, anyways in which you have supported each other, eg, through illness, grief, etc. Just anything that shows your 'coupleness' (if thats a word!). And a closing paragraph saying whether in their opinion you are in a lasting stable relationship. Get them to post it to you and when you send these to immigration include the envelopes as they like to see that it is addressed to you both at your stated address and the post mark on the envelope.

You can also use joint invitations to parties, weddings, christenings, retirements, social/family things, if addressed to you jointly and include envelope if you still have it.

Any travel insurance documents if in joint names, any joint memberships, eg gym, swimming whatever. Any letters from school address to you jointly.

Photos ; one of engagement or wedding, various holiday pics, family party events. Write on the back of the photo the date, venue/event, and who is in the photo.

All they want is proof of at least 12 months of relationships and proof of your ongoing, loving, stable relationship and that this is recognised by family, friends, institutions (banks, insurance, not mental).

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:32 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2poor4this View Post
Mmm.... this is something i think we might come unstuck on

We've been together for over 2 years now but for various reasons have nothing that proves we live together. We have joint insurance for a couple of vehicles and photo's of ourselves and my partners son who is nearly 3, these show all 3 of us at various stages of his development. I might be able to dig up some travel documents and travel insurance that show we've been away together but that seems a little flimsy to me.

Can anyone suggest any other evidence we might gather to support our application as a couple?
Not meaning to be nosey but noticed you said 'partners son' and just wanted to let you know (although you probably do already) that you might need a letter from the child's birth father - if he has parental responsibility - giving his permission for the child to leave UK which must be stamped by a Notary Public.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough2poor4this is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo View Post
Not meaning to be nosey but noticed you said 'partners son' and just wanted to let you know (although you probably do already) that you might need a letter from the child's birth father - if he has parental responsibility - giving his permission for the child to leave UK which must be stamped by a Notary Public.
No worries, not nosey I appreciate the advice
We went to the NZ expo in Manchester earlier in the year and asked NZ Immigration about the little un, His father (who is a NZ resident by marriage but is back in the UK now) has said he has no problem giving his permission allowing him to go to NZ.

Getting letters from friends and familly wont be a problem, the worst thing I can see is nothing that really ties us to the same house or joint bills.
I'll see what we can dig up.

Many thanks for your help, maybe it's not a lost cause just yet