Proof of funds for 24 months

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of funds for 24 months

Hi,
I'm hoping to go with my family under SMC.
What proof do I have to show of having sufficient funds to support myself for the first two years. Other categories demand this - does the SMC?

Many thanks,
GI2011
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:27 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of funds for 24 months

There is nothing in the EOI re funds for subsistence, there are no formal requirements listed in the SMC pages. I suspect it is covered in the ITA interview and its importance probably varies depending on whether you have a job offer or not.

We have just obtained WTR visas and the funds requirement is waived (as is the outward flight), as OH has a job offer.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:38 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

When you submit your application following an ITA the declaration at the end requires you to state that you can support yourself for two years. I wasn't asked to provide any evidence.

WP
Old Jul 6th 2010, 8:25 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

According to the Ops Manual maintenance/settlement funds requirements only seem listed for Parent Retirement, Long Term Business and Student Visas - all pretty self-evident.

Anyone granted residence without a job offer that was quizzed or had to provide evidence of funds as per WP's ITA declaration reference?
Old Jul 6th 2010, 11:41 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
According to the Ops Manual maintenance/settlement funds requirements only seem listed for Parent Retirement, Long Term Business and Student Visas - all pretty self-evident.

Anyone granted residence without a job offer that was quizzed or had to provide evidence of funds as per WP's ITA declaration reference?
I didn't have a job when I had the interview for SMC PR, I was questioned about how I would support myself and what I would do if I couldn't find a job, but no direct questions related to my assets or other income sources.

I seem to recall reading that I wouldn't be eligible for any unemployment benefit for two years. If that's true then I guess the risk is on the individual, because it won't cost NZ anything for a while if you run out of money.

I also assume this is one of the ways that people could get "stuck" in the country if they don't hold back enough funds to get back out and things don't go to plan.

WP