Processing Times

Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

rusty100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Processing Times - Any news from the front?

Hi,

Anyone got any up-to-date indications on likely processing times for skilled migrant residence applications by London? I've read the tips on the INZ website, (about the 11th June applications week etc) but they obviously don't update it all that often.

I'm not a particularly impatient person, but I feel like my entire life's on hold - which it is until I hear one way or another. Until then, can't really plan, but just carry on day-to-day.

Sorry, I know I'm not alone in having to wait. Any genuine news might help.

Rusty100

PS Does the status of your application go through any other phases, or is it straight from 'Pending' to whatever decision? Do they always phone or interview, or might a letter just appear?

Last edited by rusty100; Jul 18th 2008 at 12:42 pm. Reason: to improve title
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing Times

It depends if you have a job offer, as you can see from my timeline below mine went through very quickly, and you will get an decision by letter and once the visa's have been issued your Pending will change.

All the best
Old Jul 18th 2008, 1:38 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing Times - Any news from the front?

Originally Posted by rusty100
Hi,

Anyone got any up-to-date indications on likely processing times for skilled migrant residence applications by London? I've read the tips on the INZ website, (about the 11th June applications week etc) but they obviously don't update it all that often.

I'm not a particularly impatient person, but I feel like my entire life's on hold - which it is until I hear one way or another. Until then, can't really plan, but just carry on day-to-day.

Sorry, I know I'm not alone in having to wait. Any genuine news might help.

Rusty100

PS Does the status of your application go through any other phases, or is it straight from 'Pending' to whatever decision? Do they always phone or interview, or might a letter just appear?
As teebrown says, it depends on a number of factors, things seem to have happened pretty quickly for some folk recently, whilst others (read: yours truly ) are starting to pull their hair!!!

Welcome to the forums by the way . You haven't told us anything about yourself - did you go down the SMC route like most of us, do you have a job offer, what stage is your application at? (EOI, ITA, when did you submit?) I'm not just being nosey , this info might actually help others to give you a better indication....

Many of us have added our timescales to our signatures so that it'll help others gauge how long a wait they might be in for.

I know exactly what you mean about feeling like your life is on hold. My feelings entirely! The only thing keeping us in the UK is waiting for our application to be processed. We have no house to sell, no kids or pets to worry about, very few possessions to ship over. We could be on our way pretty much the same day we get our passports back! And we really, really, can't wait to go. It is VERY frustrating

Good luck with everything, and if you hear from immigration before us, do remember to report back to give the rest of us some hope!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

Don't know if this is of any help but I contacted NZIS last week and they told me the ITA pack received completed with job offer is taking between 1-3 weeks to process and then there is a back log of around 3.5 weeks to get the sticker in the passports, so you could be looking around 6 weeks from when you submit your ITA.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

I have a job offer already as most already know.... Our Case Officer told us when asked about time frames for decisions to be made is between 1 and 3 months, I must add this is the London Office . I know we are all waiting but what I do find strange is the time frame we are all being told, there seems to be quite a difference, but in the end we are all at the mercy of the New Zealand Immigration system and will hear when they decide
Like you Water Lily I am as impatient as you, and am now past the elbows nibbling...
Good luck to all and dont forget to post hear if you hear....pleaseeeeeeee...
Steve and Dee
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:04 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Just checked the London branch's website and they've updated their "processing times" page to read the following (this is for Skilled Migrants without a job offer):

"Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch it should be allocated to a visa officer within four months. As an example, for the week ending 18 July 2008 we are allocating files lodged up to and including 26 June 2008."

I don't know if this means we now have an officer allocated or not, as our application was lodged on 25th but our medicals weren't lodged until 27th...

So I don't know whether to get excited that we may hear soon, or worried that we may have to wait for another 3 or 4 weeks!!

If anyone hears anything this week let us all know, pleeeeeeease!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Water Lily
Morning all

Just checked the London branch's website and they've updated their "processing times" page to read the following (this is for Skilled Migrants without a job offer):

"Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch it should be allocated to a visa officer within four months. As an example, for the week ending 18 July 2008 we are allocating files lodged up to and including 26 June 2008."

I don't know if this means we now have an officer allocated or not, as our application was lodged on 25th but our medicals weren't lodged until 27th...

So I don't know whether to get excited that we may hear soon, or worried that we may have to wait for another 3 or 4 weeks!!

If anyone hears anything this week let us all know, pleeeeeeease!!!!
HI,
Slightly on the same thread, does anyone know how long NZQA are taking with full reports? I have paid the extra $150 for the (alleged) fast track service but have been advised that high volumes of work may extend the prescribed waiting times. Not a happy bunny I can tell you!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

Hi Rock Ape

I sent my documents to the NZQA on the 21st May for full assessment and paid for the 'fast track' option. I got my assessment certificate and original documents back 25 days after they received the documents - a little slower than the promise of 20 days!

The only thing to be aware of is that they do not contact you in any way! Its a waiting game and well worth chasing them up by phone.

Hope this helps.

Flan
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Flan
Hi Rock Ape

I sent my documents to the NZQA on the 21st May for full assessment and paid for the 'fast track' option. I got my assessment certificate and original documents back 25 days after they received the documents - a little slower than the promise of 20 days!

The only thing to be aware of is that they do not contact you in any way! Its a waiting game and well worth chasing them up by phone.

Hope this helps.

Flan
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am in pretty regular contact by email which seems to work well - a guy there called Malcolm Leitch is very helpful. I was just very annoyed to learn that they are offering a fairly expensive fast track service which effectively doesn't seem to exist - or only if they are not busy!

Meanwhile meds booked for Thursday.............
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

I know I thought the same about the fast track option but didn't want to risk it taking even longer with the ordinary option!

Good Luck with your medicals - let us know how you get on and how strict they are with the waist measurements!! I've heard they dont actually measure your waist - they measure you at your widest part around the stomach Let us know if this is what your doctor does!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

I submitted our ITA over two weeks ago but have had notification that it was lodged on 15th July 08.
We are applying (me,wife and kids)from Wellington (currently here on work visa) and they tell us that the Wellingon branch usually processes most applciations within 6-8 months!!
I'd probably jack it in if it takes that long!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flan
I know I thought the same about the fast track option but didn't want to risk it taking even longer with the ordinary option!

Good Luck with your medicals - let us know how you get on and how strict they are with the waist measurements!! I've heard they dont actually measure your waist - they measure you at your widest part around the stomach Let us know if this is what your doctor does!
I'm not too worried about the BMI thing being as I'm 6'4" at 14 1/2 stone. It'll also be interesting to see if the French medicals differ from those in the UK.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am in pretty regular contact by email which seems to work well - a guy there called Malcolm Leitch is very helpful. I was just very annoyed to learn that they are offering a fairly expensive fast track service which effectively doesn't seem to exist - or only if they are not busy!

Meanwhile meds booked for Thursday.............
It was only recently that NZQA changed the time-frames.

It was originally 10 days for fast track and 20 days for standard application. The application form I submitted states the old time frames, but the website states the revised times.

On another note, my OH (we are submitting EoI's seperately) had her EoI selected from the pool on the 18th June but has received no further advancedment. Whereas, I got ITA after 3 weeks. Anyone else know of similar incidents?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm yes very interesting. I have spoken to INZ in London today and they say that the back-log at NZQA is 'huge' and that processing ca take months which does not fill me with much confidence. It continues to astound me that a country that is (apparently) so short of skilled labour is seemingly so inefficient in processing those requesting entry to fill those gaps. What employer in their right mind is going to wait months and months for a candidate to negotiate the eye-wateringly slow processing times taken by the various agencies. Rant over!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
Hmmm yes very interesting. I have spoken to INZ in London today and they say that the back-log at NZQA is 'huge' and that processing ca take months which does not fill me with much confidence. It continues to astound me that a country that is (apparently) so short of skilled labour is seemingly so inefficient in processing those requesting entry to fill those gaps. What employer in their right mind is going to wait months and months for a candidate to negotiate the eye-wateringly slow processing times taken by the various agencies. Rant over!
Have you received your email from them yet confirming receipt of your application?

They are going into the 4th week of my application now, so I may perhaps drop them an email tonight and chase them up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.