British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Processing timeline for Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa (UK Lodged) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/processing-timeline-partner-new-zealander-work-visa-uk-lodged-905862/)

Hannah_Wilson Nov 15th 2017 8:20 am

Processing timeline for Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa (UK Lodged)

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about my experience of the Partner of a New Zealander work visa (lodged from the London branch)

24th October: Sent off the application
26th October: Payment was taken and Application changed to Pending
15th November: I didn't hear anything but my visa was approved this morning!!!!

I was very thorough with what was included in my visa application, my husband is currently in NZ and I'm in UK as he is currently working over there.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all!!

Ria_ Nov 15th 2017 1:28 pm

Re: Processing timeline for Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa (UK Lodged)

Originally Posted by Hannah_Wilson (Post 12382458)
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about my experience of the Partner of a New Zealander work visa (lodged from the London branch)

24th October: Sent off the application
26th October: Payment was taken and Application changed to Pending
15th November: I didn't hear anything but my visa was approved this morning!!!!

I was very thorough with what was included in my visa application, my husband is currently in NZ and I'm in UK as he is currently working over there.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all!!

Why are the work visas so speedy :cry_smile:

Hannah_Wilson Nov 15th 2017 1:35 pm

They are meant to be 25 working days, so I definitely got lucky!

I can see residency does take a while longer but good luck! You are hopefully near the end now :thumbsup:

escapedtonz Nov 16th 2017 7:12 am

Essentially a work visa is temporary so Immigration only have to consider you residing in NZ temporarily for the period of the visa they plan on offering you.
With Resident visa, it is permanent. Even though this visa has a 2 year initial travel condition it still allows a person to live study and work in NZ for the remainder of their days, so when considering a person for RV, they are considering you for many many more years over and above that of a temporary work visa. Immigration needs to make sure they protect the rights and services of the people already living in NZ before allowing another person or persons to join the queue.