Processing time for WTR in Welly

Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:12 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Question Processing time for WTR in Welly

Anyone have any experience with the above? My job offer hasn't shown up in the mail. It's been couriered over, but that was a week ago! I have my suspicions that they can't find the address to deliver it to as it's going to my mother-in-law's house and that was only completed just under six months ago.

So we're considering just getting our collective arses over there and applying when we get there. We'll have to stump up extra money for the air fares, worst luck :curse: but we'll get refundable as we have zero intention of using the return part of it.

Anyone know how long it takes to process a WTR permit once on the ground in Welly? We figure that now we've got the money from the house sale in the bank and are going to sell my car tomorrow, we may as well just get the heck out of Dodge!

Thanks for any insight.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing time for WTR in Welly

Originally Posted by Maz
Anyone have any experience with the above? My job offer hasn't shown up in the mail. It's been couriered over, but that was a week ago! I have my suspicions that they can't find the address to deliver it to as it's going to my mother-in-law's house and that was only completed just under six months ago.

So we're considering just getting our collective arses over there and applying when we get there. We'll have to stump up extra money for the air fares, worst luck :curse: but we'll get refundable as we have zero intention of using the return part of it.

Anyone know how long it takes to process a WTR permit once on the ground in Welly? We figure that now we've got the money from the house sale in the bank and are going to sell my car tomorrow, we may as well just get the heck out of Dodge!

Thanks for any insight.
I know its not Welly hun, but my BIL has got WTR in 9 days in the UK wouldn't have thought there would be a lot of difference between the 2

HTH
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 1:44 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I know its not Welly hun, but my BIL has got WTR in 9 days in the UK wouldn't have thought there would be a lot of difference between the 2

HTH
Thanks Sarah. Am hoping to get it expedited a bit as they want me to start before the end of October.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

Thanks for any insight.
The guy from searchworks who i know you know said it's about 6 days for issuing WTR visa's but Dave-G from here his work permit took about 11 days to come through.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:22 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
The guy from searchworks who i know you know said it's about 6 days for issuing WTR visa's but Dave-G from here his work permit took about 11 days to come through.
We probably know the same guy from SearchWorks. Thanks for that Simon. I hope it will help that I've got an accredited employer and they really want me to start before the end of the month!