British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   process between application and getting a case officer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/process-between-application-getting-case-officer-693833/)

jayandbill Nov 17th 2010 7:17 am

process between application and getting a case officer

Does anyone know what the process is between the medicals being approved and being assigned a case officer. Phone calls to immigration meet with a very vague response and leaves you in a kind of limbo. Are applications dealt with chronologically or is there a priority system. We are in the family reunion, parent category, but can't find out how the system works. I know it can take up to 2 years but what goes on during that period.

LukeandJo Nov 17th 2010 9:23 am

Re: process between application and getting a case officer

I can imagine its a first come first serve basis.
Unusure where you get the 2 years time scale from.

Submit your medicals and then wait.
I can imagine the paperwork is all checked and verified etc.

ncundy Nov 17th 2010 10:48 am

Hi Jayandbill
I am going over next year under the Resident Visa and not sure if my application is different but from sending all my paperwork including Medicals to immigration I had my acceptance within 2 weeks.
Not sure if this will help but good luck

Originally Posted by jayandbill (Post 8986637)
Does anyone know what the process is between the medicals being approved and being assigned a case officer. Phone calls to immigration meet with a very vague response and leaves you in a kind of limbo. Are applications dealt with chronologically or is there a priority system. We are in the family reunion, parent category, but can't find out how the system works. I know it can take up to 2 years but what goes on during that period.

jayandbill Nov 17th 2010 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by ncundy (Post 8986906)
Hi Jayandbill
I am going over next year under the Resident Visa and not sure if my application is different but from sending all my paperwork including Medicals to immigration I had my acceptance within 2 weeks.
Not sure if this will help but good luck

We came to NZ on a Parents and Grandparents Multiple Visit visa which required full medicals. it allows us to be here for 18months over a 3 year period. We have to leave every 6 months for a short period, as little as a day (doesn't make sense but that's the rule) That Visa was approved within 4 weeks from the London office. We've appled for Residency whilst here and it's that application that can take so long. I guess it's different from yours but thanks for replying.

jayandbill Nov 17th 2010 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by LukeandJo (Post 8986800)
I can imagine its a first come first serve basis.
Unusure where you get the 2 years time scale from.

Submit your medicals and then wait.
I can imagine the paperwork is all checked and verified etc.

Our medicals were approved a year ago. The 18/24months to get a case officers was quoted on our letter of acceptance of the Application. We're being sponsored by our son and are in the family reunion category which is very low priority, hence the long wait, They probably hope we'll die before they have to make a decision!!!.