procedure advice, please!

Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

JonnyEmigrant is a jewel in the roughJonnyEmigrant is a jewel in the roughJonnyEmigrant is a jewel in the roughJonnyEmigrant is a jewel in the rough
Default procedure advice, please!

So long as I have enough emigration points, do I need to actually have a job (in NZ) to emigrate to NZ?

Thank you in anticipation!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:57 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: procedure advice, please!

If you have enough points and all and you get PR without conditions there is no requirement to work.

Have you happened upon a wad of cash or something?

Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:48 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

It will depend on the visa you come on.
We came with PR on my points as a "skilled man" with no job offers, and no shortage in my skills field.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If you have the points then you pass Go and collect Permanent Residency without the need to take up a job offer.

Have you done the points indicator on the NZIS web site?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:18 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I have no job offer and 130 points. luckily my occupation is on the long term skill shortage list and I have a few years of work experience [ no need to know how many!!] which means my EOI was selected straight away so yes there is no need to have a job offer . If you have 140 or over you would be automatically picked from the pool anyway whether you have a job offer or not. Though it will take longer to process with no job- from what I can tell from NZIS up to 7m from them getting your ITA. The next ones picked are those with 100-135 WITH a job offer. Then those with work experience and qualifications in an area of absolute skills shortage in a sliding scale. Not sure what they pick out after this. They seem to pick out around 800 EOIs per fortnight from looking at the NZIS website. Might be worth you having a look, the selections are under "Latest news"
What job do you do?
Reading this back it does seem a bit waffly but hope it makes sense
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:30 am
Just Joined

JonnyEmigrant is a jewel in the roughJonnyEmigrant is a jewel in the roughJonnyEmigrant is a jewel in the roughJonnyEmigrant is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for re-starting this thread guys! I just realised that I never thanked people for their replies 6 months ago!

I graduated with History & Politics in 2006. Since then I've worked as an English teacher in Japan and now I'm temping as an Administrator (yawn) for a large City Council. Two things I have urgently in mind:

a) Get a trade,
b) Get out (UK)

Just trying to workout what's for me...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:46 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

mmm.....not sure that getting a trade would help as your degree is unlikely to be relevant to your work (ie "trade") experience and any further qualifications. Plus getting your experience up to gain more points will take years.
Maybe you could persuade a SO (JanetEmmigrant perhaps) with enough points to join you in a partnership entry??
do you have any formal teaching quals?
Maybe a PGCE followed by some teaching expereince could be the best route but I'd check with more knowledgeable forumites first.....
Good luck.