Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Problems with my Silver Fern Application - any advice appreciated

Problems with my Silver Fern Application - any advice appreciated

Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:25 am
Just Joined

wm_try_it is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Problems with my Silver Fern Application - any advice appreciated

Hi all,
I got the problem due to my qualification, Bachelor of Computing, from UK, but I studied in another country. The university which issued my Degree is on the list of exemption from NZQA. However, I was not aware that if I studied in a campus not in UK, I have to go through NZQA Assessment. Here came the issue:

9 Jul: Document Received at Bangkok Branch.
10 Jul: I received an email from CO asking me to apply for a PAR (Pre Assessment Result) for my qualification. I, then, immediately applied for the PAR.

19 Jul: Received result for my PAR, which stated my qualification cannot be assessed unless I applied for IQA, which costs much more time and fee. I, then, informed my CO of the PAR result and asked what she needed me to do next.

20 Jul: Received reply from CO as followed:
Thank you for your email. I have reviewed the comments from NZQA and it looks like you need to obtain the full assessment (IQA) for your qualification. Unfortunately the IQA processing time may take about 1 to 2 months and we cannot hold your application for such period.

What does my CO mean? What should I do now? Start shaking now, I would appreciate any advice.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

markmillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problems with my Silver Fern Application - any advice appreciated

Originally Posted by wm_try_it
Hi all,
I got the problem due to my qualification, Bachelor of Computing, from UK, but I studied in another country. The university which issued my Degree is on the list of exemption from NZQA. However, I was not aware that if I studied in a campus not in UK, I have to go through NZQA Assessment. Here came the issue:

9 Jul: Document Received at Bangkok Branch.
10 Jul: I received an email from CO asking me to apply for a PAR (Pre Assessment Result) for my qualification. I, then, immediately applied for the PAR.

19 Jul: Received result for my PAR, which stated my qualification cannot be assessed unless I applied for IQA, which costs much more time and fee. I, then, informed my CO of the PAR result and asked what she needed me to do next.

20 Jul: Received reply from CO as followed:
Thank you for your email. I have reviewed the comments from NZQA and it looks like you need to obtain the full assessment (IQA) for your qualification. Unfortunately the IQA processing time may take about 1 to 2 months and we cannot hold your application for such period.

What does my CO mean? What should I do now? Start shaking now, I would appreciate any advice.
Hi there, i'm sure C O is your case officer who deals with your application from now on, you may have to get in touch with a immigration advisor, they may tell you if there are any short-cuts you can take to gain an assessment quicker, they tend give you some advice free of charge if you ask them the correct question. You can only try, good luck.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. But here, another the problem is that the deadline is now 24 Jul, not 4 Aug as previously stated any more. I mailed to her to ask if there are any other options for me. Now waiting..
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

mgn_v is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. But here, another the problem is that the deadline is now 24 Jul, not 4 Aug as previously stated any more. I mailed to her to ask if there are any other options for me. Now waiting..
I think, you can apply for NZQA fast track which would be the best option as of now. Fast track will not take more than 15 days at the worst case. My cousine applied for fast track which has been processed within a week and received the letter on 11th day after the application submission. Meantime, you can inform the CO about the fast track application no.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by markmillz
Hi there, i'm sure C O is your case officer who deals with your application from now on
Correct.

, you may have to get in touch with a immigration advisor, they may tell you if there are any short-cuts you can take to gain an assessment quicker, they tend give you some advice free of charge if you ask them the correct question. You can only try, good luck.
There is no need to waste time doing this.

If the poster wants the IQA fast tracked then the only way it to pay extra for that service. There needs to be a good reason for this but it could still take around 20 working days.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 5:36 am
Just Joined

I am running out of time now. Unless I get approval from CO to wait for the assessment, I guess I can do nothing at the moment.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am running out of time now. Unless I get approval from CO to wait for the assessment, I guess I can do nothing at the moment.
Send your documents to NZQA, stated the issue and they will help you and finish it a soon as they can. By the way they are very helpful.