Problems with chest x-ray!!

Old May 20th 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future
Default Problems with chest x-ray!!

Well we all went for our chest x-rays yesterday & mine, oh and eldest son's were fine, but our 13 year old son's showed he had a shadow on his lung!!

Took him to our GP today & it turns out the cough he has had since Friday is a chest infection and his asthma is also playing up. Got our meds booked for tomorrow & have been advised by our GP to still go, but to bear in mind that he will need to have another chest x-ray done in 4-6 weeks as immigration won't accept it otherwise.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

Thanks
Lisa
Old May 21st 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Re: Problems with chest x-ray!!

Originally Posted by Bonniewoo
Well we all went for our chest x-rays yesterday & mine, oh and eldest son's were fine, but our 13 year old son's showed he had a shadow on his lung!!

Took him to our GP today & it turns out the cough he has had since Friday is a chest infection and his asthma is also playing up. Got our meds booked for tomorrow & have been advised by our GP to still go, but to bear in mind that he will need to have another chest x-ray done in 4-6 weeks as immigration won't accept it otherwise.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

Thanks
Lisa
Hi,

Its never straight forwar, is it!

My Partner had something on her blood test, so we just had to wait for 3/4 weeks and get restested and all was good.

If you are under timeframes with NZIS to get submited, you could speak with them and explain the issues, see what they say
Old May 21st 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems with chest x-ray!!

My 14 year old son's chest x-ray was also quried. The letter from the hospital said his heart looked large, although still within normal limits (????? I didn't get that either!!). The panel doctor said he would need to go for an echocardiogram at the hospital 'to be sure'. £258 and a couple of days later he had this done and everything fine. Apparently, with x-rays things like organs can cast shadows, making them look larger!
Also my urine tested positive for blood - took another test week later at GP's with same result. They sent it for testing and all ok! My white blood cell count was also high, retested at GP's two weeks later and once again fine!
So, don't stress too much or your BP will be sky high.
Hope all goes ok for you all. Sending you some karma!!!