British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Presenting your ITA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/presenting-your-ita-524984/)

scottishnomad Mar 28th 2008 1:39 am

Presenting your ITA

Hi,

Just put together my ITA, has anyone got any suggestions on the best way to submit to make it easy to understand/follow.

I was thinking, 1 folder, different sections (ID Proof, Passports etc.) Work Experience (Previous Employers) and a sleeve for each piece of evidence (A plastic pocket for my passport, plastic pocket for Partner).

Not sure how Immigration like it presented, I suppose well laid out and easy to follow would be best but if anyone has any comments on particulars from Immigration that would be good.

Thanks,

Scottish N

happynz Mar 28th 2008 3:17 am

Re: Presenting your ITA

I followed the checklist with originals in one stack and photocopies in another stack. Seemed to be satisfactory as we got our originals back the next day and our PR stickers three weeks later.

Your mileage may vary.

P2L Mar 28th 2008 7:17 am

Think most people just follow the list and put it in order, although I seem to remember a certain Dreamfish posting recently that she sent hers in colour coded, with dividers and relevant explanatory notes included!!!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Far too organised for my head at the time!! :rofl::rofl:;)

Maz Mar 28th 2008 8:57 am

paging dreamfish! :D

dreamfish Mar 28th 2008 9:07 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 6122331)
Think most people just follow the list and put it in order, although I seem to remember a certain Dreamfish posting recently that she sent hers in colour coded, with dividers and relevant explanatory notes included!!!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Far too organised for my head at the time!! :rofl::rofl:;)

hahaha yes i was praised on my organised file and dont mind shouting it from the roof tops LOL :D

all i did was separate the sections with bright yellow card, numbered in exactly the same order as their list (even if it did make no logical sense)

I wrote on those cards listing what was contained behind them....and where required told them that there was a photocopy included.

For instance - proof of relationship
Please find following -
pages 1-16 family statements supporting relationship pages
17-25 family photos including birth of daughter etc etc
26-30 utility bills
and so on

I also used these cards to highlight information i really wanted them to know about.

For instance on the work experience, I provided employer references, and national insurance records. And the information I wanted them to know was the number of continuous years in the trade, backed up with this that and something else. This was in bold letters and all they had to do was go check I wasnt fibbing.

My philosophy is that each of these guys probably see hundreds of these a month and it must be such a tedious job, so if i can put them in a better mood by making my file a little more enjoyable and easier to read, then they wont be so picky.

I put the whole application into an A4 box file with the ring binder thing removed. Cost about £18 to post by special delivery.

Dont use staples, paper clips, plastic sleeves or anything like that. Hope that helps!

Edited to say - dont deviate from what they have asked you to do. And do provide photocopies of every piece of paper you put in there - saves them having to do it. I just scanned in all our pages and printed off draft copies on my home printer to save on ink.

Also - if any of your bloods came back with any raised levels, however slight, get down to your GP and ask them to do the same bloods and get a print off of the report. They will prob rush it through for you too (got mine back within the week). Include these with your medical report as supporting evidence there is nothing wrong with you! You wil find the GP's acceptable levels are far more generous than what immigration ask for. Whether they know this or not I dont know, but they can look a darn sight better.