British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Preparing documents for ITA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/preparing-documents-ita-742595/)

fele Dec 22nd 2011 2:05 am

Preparing documents for ITA

Hi all,
My husband's EOI is currently accepted, and we are now working on the ITA. Does anyone can help me out?

1. We plan to claim bonus points for the absolute skill shortage and LTSSL, do we need to have an extra employment letter (other than the one about the job descriptions, the length of employment, blah blah blah) to prove this?

2. Documents, like employment letters, contracts, job appraisal, IELTS result... can I send the certified copy instead of the original one? since we wish to keep the original for future job hunting.

sori for the stupid questions. but hopefully someone can help me out...thx!!!!

MrsFychan Dec 22nd 2011 8:06 am

Re: Preparing documents for ITA

Every document has to be original or a certified copy. Send in as many documents as you can, they will always ask for others if they need them.
On pass jobs my husband obtained references from all his line managers on headed paper. Sent in all relevant course certificates. His university degree.

I would say if you think it's relevant then send it in

ellenarosemary Dec 22nd 2011 8:42 am

Keep your originals and send as many certified copies as you can - at least this way if anything goes astray you still have your originals. If you do send originals remember to include a photocopy directly behind it, they keep the photocopy and send back the original, they dont send back any certified copies.

Send as much information as you can, its better to send too much rather than not enough!!

Good luck :thumbsup:

Persephone Dec 22nd 2011 9:00 am

For one of my jobs all I sent in was a letter written by my ex boss on headed notepaper stating what I did, hours of work, length of time I'd been there and also first and last payslips. That's all I had!
My other job I sent in a copy of my contract as well as the above.

As long as your job description and name is the same as the one on the LTSSL then you do not need additional proof. My profession is on the list and the above is all they got, I was not asked for anything else. However my degree, job and job description fits a very exact and narrow category, it's a vocational degree so there is no ambiguity if that makes sense:D

Everything I couldn't risk getting mislaid at NZIS;) like my degree certificate, passport and registration certs I got a certified copy of. Only £2 per copy at a solicitor- phone round!

fele Dec 23rd 2011 8:49 am

Thanks guys for the replies!!! good to hear that certified copies do accept... :)

btw, my hubby is working in ICT industry but his title isn't exactly match the one states in the LTSSL, since it's in generic form like "Assistant Manager". It won't be a problem for him to get an employment letter from his current employer. However, there's no other proof than employment contract and pay slips for the previous one :( Do u guys have any experience with that?

fele Mar 9th 2012 7:47 am

thank you all for the help. after taking more than 2 mths time, we've finally submitted the documents! what a big project!

Just wanna share a bit... before we submit the ITA, we did spend 10 days in Auckland to "experience" the living there. The weather, the ppl and the environment are lovely, we reali enjoy our stay! so.. keep our fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: that my husband (he is the principal applicant) can pass those interviews and get the blue sticker!